PDA

View Full Version : Maroon Clown

fahadahmed
08/14/2008, 09:18 PM
is it okay to add Maroon Clown pair as first fish in a fully cycled tank? I am afraid they might bully the other new tank mates... but they are one of the hardier fish...any thoughts???

kfisc
08/14/2008, 09:23 PM
They'll bully anything their size or smaller no matter what. But I'd add them last - they're awfully territorial.

padi200
08/14/2008, 10:32 PM
I would not add them at all... Every time I have had one, I ended up getting rid of it because it became so mean and nasty. One of them even tried to bite me every time I put my hand in the tank. There are so many other clowns that are nice and not so territorial or aggressive.

padi200
08/14/2008, 10:32 PM
But if you must have one....last for sure.

Teen Aquarist
08/15/2008, 01:06 AM
Last or never.

Gold Stripe
08/15/2008, 06:44 AM
Wow, a lot of hatin' going on for Maroons. I love mine. They are territorial as are many fish. And most clowns, once they mature, will nip at your hand if you stick it in their area. That being said, you have a 6 foot tank so you should be fine. The Maroons will stake out their area and there will be plenty left for other fish. Mine have befriended my Purple Tang and he hangs out in the cave right next to their anemone.

As far as order, I would add any doscile fish first and then you can add your Maroons. The only thing that I would add after Maroons would be Tangs or Angels.