PDA

View Full Version : called greg at reefgeek blue+ bulbs on backorder

twnship
08/15/2008, 02:52 PM
So i went to order new bulbs and the ones i wanted which were the blue plus he said they just went on back order. Ok np i just ordered actinic plus insted. My bulbs are older that dirt and i needed to change them out.

So my question is what is the diffrence in these two bulbs are the blue plus bulbs that much better that the actinic plus ones

I havent been paying that much attention to whats new in the bulb department lately. I have a mostly sps in my tank and i have been using the blue plus and aqua blue bulbs for the last 2 or so years. Is that still a good combo or would there be a better bulb choice? I kinda liked that look but heck i dont know if something would be better or not

atvdave
08/15/2008, 03:57 PM
The Blue Plus has more PAR, but it's what ever looks good in your tank that counts.

Here's a PAR thread.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=918935

twnship
08/15/2008, 08:35 PM
so the bulbs i bought have 47 less per bulb

well ill see how they look and if not ill look into getting diffrent bulbs i guess

Ludwigia73
08/16/2008, 02:42 PM
I had actinics, mainly for show, but the blue plus and aqua blue give a good light also. For the purple, use a fiji purple that he also sells. I placed my order 2 weeks ago and got them the other day. He told me they were on backorder as well, but I got them in good time. Reefgeek has been stellar with every order I've placed.