PDA

View Full Version : 12g nano stocklist

tylerdj
08/15/2008, 08:12 PM
I have a 12 gallon nanocube deluxe and it has been running for 4 years and was my first aquarium (even before a betta in a bowl) and it has gone through three algea problems and recently a tank crash I lost 2 fish and am left with a true percula a pistol shrimp a wild caught ( caught myself in NC on vacation ) cowrie found in the surf a nassarius snail and 10,00 misc. small snails and 10,00 micro brittle stars. I am going to tear this tank down soon and move my creatures to the refugium in 75. will replace sand and get new liverock. what rock, sand, fish etc. also I want to take out my middle chamber and add a fuge to it like the aqua medic nano wave 9 aquarium.

LulusMoogle
08/23/2008, 11:13 PM
Well... Live rock and live sand. Depends on what YOU want. If you want a tiny shelf in the 12g, then look for a slab small enough. If you want a cave, choose rocks that can form a cave. The list goes on. The actual kind of live rock also depends on what you want. Tonga is heavier and more expensive. Fiji is lighter (perhaps the most common type of LR, too) and costs less.

The sandbed... I wouldn't make it too deep. It looks kinda silly, I think. Go for an inch and a half. Maybe two. Anymore and it will look kinda weird and it will cost just that much more.

For fish, I rather like the look of firefish in small aquariums like yours. They're a colorful addition. Or, if you want to keep the pistol shrimp in there, you can add some sort of goby to go with it. It'll be an interesting combination and fun to watch. :)

As I keep saying, depends on what you want; on what suits your fancy.