PDA

View Full Version : they stopped making 55 tall tanks?

inachu
08/16/2008, 02:59 PM
hmmm?

nyjets51
08/16/2008, 03:14 PM
Another excellent, well thought-out thread by inachu

crvz
08/16/2008, 03:17 PM
who are they, and what are your sources? if you want input on something put some effort into research and questions.

inachu
08/16/2008, 03:36 PM
"they" used by my LFS when i went to buy some RO/DO water

AquaReeferMan
08/16/2008, 03:37 PM
I swear, I dont even know why I opened your threads anymore.

Tswifty
08/16/2008, 03:40 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/dance004.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

inachu
08/16/2008, 03:40 PM
So... who is "THEY"?

AGA?????

inachu
08/16/2008, 03:41 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13168134#post13168134 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AquaReeferMan
I swear, I dont even know why I opened your threads anymore.

I shhifted in my chair a lil to the lef as I read your response.

zack1a
08/16/2008, 03:44 PM
Yes and hawaii has cut down the amount of yellow tangs that can be collected. The price are going to soar to more than $90 each. GO buy em' up.

Tswifty
08/16/2008, 03:46 PM
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/violent084.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

inachu
08/16/2008, 03:46 PM
My questions are as mythical as , "I hate line 42!!!!!!!
"

inachu
08/16/2008, 03:47 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13168019#post13168019 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nyjets51
Another excellent, well thought-out thread by inachu

Thank you!

Deep bow.

inachu
08/16/2008, 03:52 PM
Many people who type or write letters who have been hit by mother nature normally have issues relating to vagueness and loss of time and using the wrong utensils for the wrong job.

Maybe I should put it in my SIG that I am a bit batty.

Lets see how yo people act when hit by a lightening storm.

And when you do lets see how the online sympathy treats you down the road in chat forums.

weluvfish54
08/16/2008, 03:53 PM
get a job.

inachu
08/16/2008, 03:56 PM
<-------has a nice IT job.

Tswifty
08/16/2008, 04:06 PM
I heard that the last shipment of "55g tall" tanks was on its way to the U.S. by plane. The pilots sent out a distress call, but contact with the plane was lost once it entered the Bermuda Triangle.

From the information I have pieced together through countless hours of research and sleepless nights. I figure they pilots were attacked by a group of dogfighting koala bears, and in a last ditch effort to escape their assailants dumped all the tanks into the ocean in order to lighten the load.

Sadly this last ditch effort for freedom failed, and both the tanks and pilots were lost at sea.

A planet wide aquatic distress call went out, and tank manufacturer's from around the world gathered together in thier secret lair to discuss this crisis situation. After countless hours of heated debate it was decided that the tanks would be discontinued in honor of the pilots who gave their lives trying to save the tanks.

Sorry inachu... don't worry though, I'm sure there are plenty of other size tanks you can shove 36 tangs and 121 clownfish in. I recommend a BioCube 8.

inachu
08/16/2008, 04:21 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13168287#post13168287 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Tswifty8
I heard that the last shipment of "55g tall" tanks was on its way to the U.S. by plane. The pilots sent out a distress call, but contact with the plane was lost once it entered the Bermuda Triangle.

From the information I have pieced together through countless hours of research and sleepless nights. I figure they pilots were attacked by a group of dogfighting koala bears, and in a last ditch effort to escape their assailants dumped all the tanks into the ocean in order to lighten the load.

Sadly this last ditch effort for freedom failed, and both the tanks and pilots were lost at sea.

A planet wide aquatic distress call went out, and tank manufacturer's from around the world gathered together in thier secret lair to discuss this crisis situation. After countless hours of heated debate it was decided that the tanks would be discontinued in honor of the pilots who gave their lives trying to save the tanks.

Sorry inachu... don't worry though, I'm sure there are plenty of other size tanks you can shove 36 tangs and 121 clownfish in. I recommend a BioCube 8.

So this is why tank prices are so high.

Elan L.
08/16/2008, 04:36 PM
A Biocube 8? lmao

kau_cinta_ku
08/16/2008, 04:37 PM
tank prices are high? the tank is one of the cheaper parts of this hobby.

inachu
08/16/2008, 04:48 PM
When I go window shopping I see one 90 gallon real cheap for $120 then some mom and pop store like 20 miles away has the same tank for $400..... then go to petco same tank for $95

kau_cinta_ku
08/16/2008, 04:56 PM
that is all due to business, of course small mom and pop stores will be higher, it is hard for them to buy in bulk to get the prices cheaper like chain stores (petco, petsmart, walmart, ect). also the cost of overhead, elec, wages, ect.

Michael
08/16/2008, 05:31 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13167945#post13167945 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by inachu
hmmm?

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/angry032.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

whats the point, really, whats the point

weluvfish54
08/16/2008, 07:00 PM
inachu, hows your betta fish? :fish1:
some people...

inachu
08/16/2008, 07:20 PM
I owned a betta?
Someone should inform me of these things.

Elan L.
08/16/2008, 07:49 PM
For a moment i thought we were actually going somewhere with the whole high price mom and pop thing, but i guess i was wrong

:uzi: :jester:

AquaReeferMan
08/16/2008, 08:58 PM
I cant believe this thread is still open.

I swear you are a troll in disguise.

SmknReefer
08/16/2008, 09:08 PM
Tswifty8 I think you are my most favoritist person in the world.:inlove:.. too funny. 36 Tangs and 121 clownfish...bahahahahahaa :hmm4:

paraletho
08/16/2008, 10:15 PM
+1 on the covert tank scenario:D

weluvfish54
08/16/2008, 10:32 PM
still not closed?

inachu
08/17/2008, 03:22 AM
not closed because the question has not been answered.

But those that do not know reply anyway.

Michael
08/17/2008, 03:23 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13168201#post13168201 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by inachu
Many people who type or write letters who have been hit by mother nature normally have issues relating to vagueness and loss of time and using the wrong utensils for the wrong job.

Maybe I should put it in my SIG that I am a bit batty.

Lets see how yo people act when hit by a lightening storm.

And when you do lets see how the online sympathy treats you down the road in chat forums.

i understand your question, however you keep changing your mind on where your going, start agin, decide what you want and get it, then slowly stock it with the right livestock and perhaps we can help and not be sarcastic, you were talking about a small tank the other day as it had to go up 3 floors, then a 90, now a tall 55, which is it to be?, whatever it is please take your time and do some reading, dont doubt your great at IT, however your a novice with salt water, your overstocked, and have the wrong fish in your landlords tank,now you want mushrooms and goodness knows what else, your asking silly questions and are losing credibility big time here, its a shame, try to get back on track and start to make friends with proper questions when you have eventually decided where you are going, try starting a inachu tank thread and you may make some buddys if you ask for help with proper questions and stop trolling along here,the last thing you should be doing is totally changing your mind every day and confusing everyone on here, lets start from scratch yes, and ask some proper informative questions and when your given advice by many of the seasoned aquarists who have been doing this for several years please take their advice, your tank may start to thrive and you may get some threads posted actually answered :mad:

inachu
08/17/2008, 03:29 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13170824#post13170824 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Michael
i understand your question, however you keep changing your mind on where your going, start agin, decide what you want and get it, then slowly stock it with the right livestock and perhaps we can help and not be sarcastic, you were talking about a small tank the other day as it had to go up 3 floors, then a 90, now a tall 55, which is it to be?, whatever it is please take your time and do some reading, dont doubt your great at IT, however your a novice with salt water, your overstocked, and have the wrong fish in your landlords tank,now you want mushrooms and goodness knows what else, your asking silly questions and are losing credibility big time here, its a shame, try to get back on track and start to make friends with proper questions when you have eventually decided where you are going, try starting a inachu tank thread and you may make some buddys if you ask for help with proper questions and stop trolling along here,the last thing you should be doing is totally changing your mind every day and confusing everyone on here, lets start from scratch yes, and ask some proper informative questions and when your given advice by many of the seasoned aquarists who have been doing this for several years please take their advice, your tank may start to thrive and you may get some threads posted actually answered :mad:

I may get a 55 tall after all but it is used.
Durring this time I may change my mind...... this is still USA.

Michael
08/17/2008, 03:30 AM
i noticed you were on line and thought id help you out, yes its the usa, but whats that got to do with making your mind up and gaining some respect on RC

inachu
08/17/2008, 07:43 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13170830#post13170830 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Michael
i noticed you were on line and thought id help you out, yes its the usa, but whats that got to do with making your mind up and gaining some respect on RC

Well so far the fish are fine and healthy and no tank crash.
Why go rip a hole and keep that respect on someone whos tank has died.

DgenR8
08/17/2008, 09:04 AM
One chance before this thread winds up closed
<i><br>Here at Reef Central, we believe that dialogs between participants should be conducted in a friendly and helpful manner. If you disagree with a posting, please express yourself in a way that is conducive to further constructive dialog. Conversely, when you post on any given subject, you must be willing to accept constructive criticism without posting a hostile or inflammatory response. Personal attacks of any kind will not be tolerated. Please let’s work to insure that Reef Central remains a friendly and flame free site where everyone, especially newcomers, can feel free to post questions without fear of being unfairly criticized. Thank you for your cooperation.</i>

With that out of the way, let me also tell you that trolls will not be tolerated.

tspors
08/18/2008, 07:24 AM
Maybe Inachu will learn more if people stop responding. Might get the hint to take up another hobby, and stop distroying this one! People Get the Hint>

Amoore311
08/18/2008, 07:50 AM
Thank you for the hearty "lol" on this fine Monday morning.

Flightpipe
08/18/2008, 07:52 AM
Tswifty you never disappoint.............great way to start a Monday. :lolspin:

cdness
08/18/2008, 08:03 AM
tswifty: wow, I wonder if the dogfighting koala bears were also the ones who increased out oil prices.... (off-topic I know)

tspors... Justified again...

Inachu: Do more research on your own. Stop posting questions without doing your own research first. Is this what you are looking for:

http://www.truvuaquariums.com/ma00055t.html

They are still sold but if "they" meaning a LFS in Maryland doesn't sell them, you need to look elsewhere and find it.

atrox
08/18/2008, 08:31 AM
I absolutely love Inachus threads. Keep up the good work, I like to see what tswift comes up with. On another note tall tanks IMO are made with the fresh water hobbyist in mind. Inachu maybe you set up a 55 gallon high guppie breeder tank. I hear alot of reefers are switching over to guppies due to the high retail prices that guppies are going for. Also some new technology something called an "undergravel filter" just made its way to the pet trade. Inachu if you can find out what an undergravel filter is Id really appreciate the info.

inachu
08/18/2008, 09:23 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13176816#post13176816 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cdness
tswifty: wow, I wonder if the dogfighting koala bears were also the ones who increased out oil prices.... (off-topic I know)

tspors... Justified again...

Inachu: Do more research on your own. Stop posting questions without doing your own research first. Is this what you are looking for:

http://www.truvuaquariums.com/ma00055t.html

They are still sold but if "they" meaning a LFS in Maryland doesn't sell them, you need to look elsewhere and find it.

I can agree to a point when to do my own research but when this site is already a vast knowledge of info but then given the cold shoulder just means perhaps many here are already suffering from fish tank burn out.

Tswifty
08/18/2008, 09:45 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13177245#post13177245 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by inachu
but then given the cold shoulder just means perhaps many here are already suffering from fish tank burn out.
err... wrong.

You're getting the cold shoulder because you have frustrated many reefers who have tried to help you... including myself.

You say you know you need to do research... DO IT THEN!!!

99% of your questions could be solved by a simple "google" search. Continuing to ask questions of that nature is just plain lazy, and gives off the impression that you could honestly care less about your tank. Why should we care about your tank if you dont???

There has been little to no effort on your part to become any more knowledgable about successful marine keeping since you signed up. I say this because you are asking the same questions I tried to help you with 6 months ago (or whenever you signed up)... and honestly some of the questions... I am at a loss for words from where they even come from.

How much livestock have you actually lost...? I know it's been a ton.

You can try and make excuses for why you have lost fish, but the reason is YOU!!!

How many more fish will you have to lose until you recognize that you honestly know little to nothing about what you are doing?

Seriously... order a book, sit down, read... It will take maybe a week of your life if you read an hour or so before you go to bed, and will clear up SO much for you... not to mention save you money, livestock, and frustration.

Tswifty
08/18/2008, 09:47 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13177398#post13177398 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Tswifty8
99% of your questions could be solved by a simple "google" search. Continuing to ask questions of that nature is just plain lazy...
In all reality... after watching your posts over the past few weeks, I think you do it for attention... and the mods should consider banning you for trolling.

pledosophy
08/18/2008, 12:00 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13176653#post13176653 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tspors
Might get the hint to take up another hobby, and stop distroying this one! People Get the Hint>

This thread does show problem in the hobby, but nothing to do with the OP.

Bunch of people teaming up to insult one person, then getting on there high horse and announcing why the "lower" member needs to be banned and has no place in the hobby.

Reminds me of 4th graders on the playground.

If you don't like what someone is posting, or are tired of trying to help the same person with no avail, then don't reply to there topics. You don't even have to click on them. You can even set members to ignore. taking a path to bait and insult people, really just kinda makes you worse then they were in the first place no?

pledosophy
08/18/2008, 12:12 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13177403#post13177403 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Tswifty8
In all reality... after watching your posts over the past few weeks, I think you do it for attention... and the mods should consider banning you for trolling.

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Tswifty
08/18/2008, 12:12 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13178299#post13178299 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pledosophy
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
I'm a ex-ballplayer... I throw hard ;)

Got anymore fortune cookies for me?

People who don't know the whole story are great. I suggest researching who you are defending before making comments like that.

atrox
08/18/2008, 12:20 PM
I have to agree with Tswifty on this one. He is only trying to help. I mean whats the point of this site if you dont research what you ask first. So many topics get rehashed till the point of redundancy. Futhermore I think anyone here would agree that he does post ocassionaly (Ianchu) good topics, but with that said from some of his more intelligent threads it still hard to believe that he actually had or has 7 clowns,1 yellow tail damsels,1 blue damsel,2 gobies,1 hippo tang,1 angel all in a 55 gallon. So it is frustrating when actual useful advice is given to serious questions only to be ignored by the fact that he is adding more fish to an already crowded tank.

pledosophy
08/18/2008, 12:30 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13178303#post13178303 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Tswifty8
I'm a ex-ballplayer... I throw hard ;)

I really hope that is not your attempt at a veiled threat.

You seem to be missing the point.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13178303#post13178303 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Tswifty8
Got anymore fortune cookies for me?

People who don't know the whole story are great. I suggest researching who you are defending before making comments like that.

Two wrongs a right does not make

08 16 27 29 34 39

I read through quite a few of the OP posters threads before commenting. ;)

Tswifty
08/18/2008, 12:44 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13178416#post13178416 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by pledosophy
I really hope that is not your attempt at a veiled threat.
Yes I often threaten other online Marine Reef Aquarium Hobbyists who I have never met, and you're right... I meant I was literally going to throw a baseball through my computer at you.

Obviously since you are reaching here... I believe I should tell you that koala bears really don't fly airplanes, and that story was "make believe."

I wouldn't want you running around accusing me of falsely advertising the abilities of koala bears.

Seriously get off your high horse.

:lol: :rolleye1:

atrox
08/18/2008, 12:54 PM
<a href=showthread.php? s=&postid=13178510#post13178510 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Tswifty8
Yes I often threaten other online Marine Reef Aquarium Hobbyists who I have never met, and you're right... I meant I was literally going to throw a baseball through my computer at you.

Obviously since you are reaching here... I believe I should tell you that koala bears really don't fly airplanes, and that story was "make believe."

I wouldn't want you running around accusing me of falsely advertising the abilities of koala bears.

Seriously get off your high horse.

:lol: :rolleye1: :furious:

pledosophy
08/18/2008, 12:56 PM
It appears your hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Amoore311
08/18/2008, 12:59 PM

This is a gem. You've done the impossible and made me smile twice in 1 Monday while at work.

To ease the tensions.... I offer you this cat:

http://clipmarks.com/image_cache/axelsenzon/512/50F7F5A2-0327-411F-A77E-E458049ADAFD.jpg

inachu
08/18/2008, 01:36 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13171535#post13171535 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by DgenR8
One chance before this thread winds up closed
<i><br>Here at Reef Central, we believe that dialogs between participants should be conducted in a friendly and helpful manner. If you disagree with a posting, please express yourself in a way that is conducive to further constructive dialog. Conversely, when you post on any given subject, you must be willing to accept constructive criticism without posting a hostile or inflammatory response. Personal attacks of any kind will not be tolerated. Please let’s work to insure that Reef Central remains a friendly and flame free site where everyone, especially newcomers, can feel free to post questions without fear of being unfairly criticized. Thank you for your cooperation.</i>

With that out of the way, let me also tell you that trolls will not be tolerated.

I like that.

kudora
08/18/2008, 01:40 PM
i usually dont even look at the OP threads since it always seams he is trying to bait someone, but i was wondering why it had gotten to 3 pages, i see now someone is defending him :(

inachu
08/18/2008, 01:58 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13178896#post13178896 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kudora
i usually dont even look at the OP threads since it always seams he is trying to bait someone, but i was wondering why it had gotten to 3 pages, i see now someone is defending him :(

I asked a serious question about tanks and you pick on me.

Ban him please?

DgenR8
08/18/2008, 04:39 PM
I tried to warn you.