PDA

View Full Version : Which eel to put in ?

tmoore
08/18/2008, 08:11 PM
in about three to four weks will be put in a eel a snowflake or
a Zebra, current fish a 6inch H. tusk an a 3-4 inch niger trigger
this will be the last thing to go in the tank.:rollface:

myerst2
08/18/2008, 08:39 PM
either or will work, snowflakes are much easier to care for and would probably be better with those fish. Tim

LukFox
08/18/2008, 09:43 PM
For a 90g, the snowflake is a much better choice. Still a bit small, but it'll be okay for a while (the other fish will outgrow it eventually, too, but you might have a couple years before then).

tmoore
08/18/2008, 09:58 PM
I will go with snowflake, will up grade tank mid next year to
180 gal, lukfox how long did it take for your tusk to be very active in the tank ? Mine seem very timid but it has been trough alot. It eats very well.

LukFox
08/18/2008, 10:05 PM
Either eel is fine in that case :). The zebra is more secretive, but they sure are pretty. So, really it's up to what you prefer as both are good choices.

My tusk was active immediately, which is unusual... I'd expect yours to be active within the next 3 months. Might take less than that, can't say for sure.

tmoore
08/18/2008, 10:11 PM
I have been split between them two for months, since I tore down
my sps tank. I have not seen a zebre eel exect at the on-line stores.

LukFox
08/18/2008, 10:23 PM
If you're waiting for a zebra to show up, go with that one :)... Fish live a long time, so just buy the one you really want. In a 180g you could actually get both if you wanted... Also, shipping isn't that big of a deal if you can't find one locally. Shipping is usually only $30, and if it's that fish you can't find elsewhere, it's worth it. I think LiveAquaria still has a really nice zebra in the Diver's Den.