PDA

View Full Version : Reeflo Orca 250 Pro water level problem

Achapman
08/19/2008, 07:56 AM
The skimmer has been up and running about a week so far. It is gravity fed from a Tom Aquatics overflow box.

The problem is that the water level does not stay consistent in the skimmer. For example. If I enable feed mode on the tunze's, the water level rises to the correct height in the skimmer and starts to produce foam.

If I raise the overflow box, for a little bit of time, the water level raises to the correct height.

As far as adjusting it on the skimmer, I can turn the water level pipe to where the water level does not raise, but then I close it about 1mm and the water level gets way to high and starts dumping water into the collection cup.

Could it possibly be that the overflow box does not produce consistent flow? Meaning that sometimes more water is introduced and less other times?

Also, just ordered the taller neck and larger collection cup from RS in hopes that will help as well.

Only option I see as of now is to buy a pump to feed it so it's consistent if that is the problem.

JRaquatics
08/19/2008, 08:06 AM
Your skimmer drain/output is either below water level, your feeding the skimmer too much flow, the overflow drain feeding the skimmer doesn't have a flow and should be addressed or the more likely situation is the oils in the skimmer are causing the fluctuations (allow at least 3 weeks to break in. Pictures of your set will also help assess the situation.

Achapman
08/19/2008, 03:12 PM
Alright. I will take pictures tonight and post them.