PDA

View Full Version : help with 120 build

NealNano
08/23/2008, 01:47 PM
I am planning a 120 gallon sps reef. I need help with sump size I was thinking a 55 gallon. Also with an external retrun pump which will also run a phosphate reactor and possibly a recitc skimmer. I will be doing a closed loop I am sick of seeing powerheads and dead spots. So I need help with a closed loop pump. I want to have around 40-50 times turn over and only the two pumps.

scapes
08/23/2008, 06:11 PM
I have a 180g w/ a 55g sump, works great! I don't have a closed loop so I personally can't give you any advice, but here is a great website I read through:
http://www.melevsreef.com/closedloop.html

nu2reefva
08/23/2008, 10:03 PM
im doin the same build right now and i decided to go with 2 reeflo snappers for my closed loop im doing 2 drains in the back of the tank (one for each pump) and im going to have one pump doing the 4 corners of the back with an ocean motions 4 way and then do a calfo closed loop on top of the tank with outputs facing forward and from the sides along the rockwork.

man its gonna be sweet and by the way im building my own custom acrylic sump.

NealNano
08/24/2008, 01:13 AM
I want to use only two pumps if possible. The closed loop pump needs to supply good water movement for sps, 40- 50 times turn over. I am thinking about using a big mag drive, 18 or larger for the sump/fuge return. This pump will also supply at least a phosphate reactor, if not a skimmer as well. Suggestions on the closed loop pump????