PDA

View Full Version : Not as good as T-T-Triggers vid, but vid none the less

danorth
08/23/2008, 06:42 PM
No crotchshots either:(

Video (http://www.youtube.com/v/uiyuW_KhQt0)

danorth
08/23/2008, 06:44 PM
Still processing, sorry for the delay!

danorth
08/23/2008, 06:51 PM
I was trying to show the 2 cleaner shrimp in the tank so that is why I was going for the zoom in 2 different times, also the equipment was dark, didn't think it would be that dark though. Anyways, there it is.

T-T-Trigger
08/23/2008, 08:32 PM
That tank looks huge.!

awesome angels dan. and of course i love that fat little titan :D

Recty
08/23/2008, 09:44 PM
Looks good. So your C. gaimard doesnt care about not having a substrate? My wrasse hides in mine every night, I dont think he would do good without it.

In fact, while in QT he hated it, he would just scoot around the bottom trying to go down into the glass. I ended up putting a tupperware container of sand in there for him.

danorth
08/23/2008, 09:46 PM
Thanks guys. At the start of the vid where the anemone is, that is the sand pile. About 18"x12"x5".

I had just added the cleaners today. Saw the queen getting the treatment, and the clown getting a back massage and a teeth cleaning. Reason I got them was that I saw a few specks of my friend ick on the eye of the emp and queen. Before they came to this tank they had received 2 months worth of coppersafe and prazipro. The only thing new to this tank after it got setup was all new water, and new sand, same old rock, yes the same rock from the copper tank that the anemone is on right now, and bought some cheato. So if the ick came in from the macro algae I guess I didn't have much chance to prevent it. Unless you qt cheato? Either way, I don't think this is going to get out of hand. I've dealt with much share of ick, this is nothing.......famous last words right?

Grouperhead
08/24/2008, 12:15 PM
Sweet tank Dan. How do the blueface and emp get along? That coris is an absolute gem, maybe the best looking c. gaimard I've seen in a tank. About how many lbs of rock in there? Very nice job all around. Love the bb look, I think I'm going to go bb eventually - what all do you have for circulation?

danorth
08/24/2008, 12:21 PM
Thanks man. Those 2 angels play grabass all the time. But for the most part never really attack, just a grunt and u-turn chase. You know, that coris that I though was about 12", I think is really closer to 10 3/4" I measured the bucket bottom that it touched tip to tip at 10 3/4" That would explain why the clown is getting closer to its size. I knew the clown was about 8, but if the coris was 12, you'd know there was a 4 inch difference, and there just isn't. The rock is about 150 lbs, I gave about 20 lbs away, there is a big piece in the sump, and some at work in the undy tank. I also traded a bunch in, about 40 lbs worth. I used to have all of that in the 135!!! Way too much rock. That coris is something, guess who chases it, the queen angel!

danorth
08/24/2008, 12:24 PM
Circluation, 2 Koralia 4's, 1 vortech, and I catalina aquarium 4000 on the side. The water hustles in that tank. The sump is around 500 gph flow through. The cheato has an additional pump sideways to keep it tumbling under the light.

myerst2
08/24/2008, 03:23 PM
Hey Dan, Great stuff. Fish look super healthy!!!!! You can always tell someone is doing a superb job when their Emperor looks as sharp as that!!! How long have you had the Emperor? Those yellow tail coris wrasses are still one of my favorites and don't get the credit they deserve. Keep up the good work. Tim