PDA

View Full Version : Nw 110

Maxi
08/24/2008, 12:14 AM
My needle wheel 110 is producing tons of little particles and micro bubbles. They are going inside the display tank. My mag 5 picks them up and throws them in the display tank. So, what do I do? I just got it today from fedex, and yes, I set it up correctly. I called the company that sold it to me, and I followed step by step, also on the instructions.

I really don't understand why this is happening. Really. Could it be the skimmer pump?

It only happens when I turn it on.
I really need the fastest replies possible, please. I need this ready by tomorrow morning. I am getting my clean up crew.

Thanks

-Max

Garage1217
08/24/2008, 12:35 AM
You have to give a skimmer time to settle in and develope a coating on the inside. Then micro bubbles should settle down. Takes about a week or more.

Tangweed
08/24/2008, 03:28 AM
My NW 200 took a couple days to stop blowing bubbles.

ryshark
08/24/2008, 09:39 AM
Do you have anything inbetween the skimmer and the return pump? Like a sponge or better yet, a bunch of live rock rubble? Those would help to filter out the micro bubbles.

ryshark
08/24/2008, 09:41 AM
I forgot to mention, I think it is still ok for you to get your clean up crew.

Maxi
08/24/2008, 07:14 PM
Hmm.. lr rubble sounds nice. I couldn't pick up my cuc today because the lfs closes till tuesday.

I have to add them, the diatoms and hair algea is starting..! woo. perfect cycle.

Can I cover the intake of the mag 5 with live rock? Like fill its compartment of water halfway with rubble?

ryshark
08/24/2008, 08:33 PM
I have Live rock rubble surrounding my return pump. Just make sure the pieces are big enough where the water gets sucked in that the pump doesn't suck them it too.

Maxi
08/24/2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks ryshark. If this continues by tuesday, i'm getting myself a ton of rubble.