PDA

View Full Version : Do all triggers eat crabs and snails?

bbauer
08/24/2008, 01:06 AM
All there any variations of triggers that won't eat the clean up crew? I would really like to add one to my FOWLR but ive got turbo snails and hermit crabs that I would like to keep alive.

Recty
08/24/2008, 01:23 AM
Most of the Sargassum triggers are considered pretty safe.

I have two blue throats and they havent ever bugged my clean up crew.

Stang408
08/24/2008, 10:59 AM
I have a 5" Picasso trigger with various sized hermit crabs from 1/4" to 1.5" and some Nassarius snails. The trigger picks on them whenever he sees them move but they retreat into their shells. He hasn't been able to break their shells and eat them yet. I figure night time is the best time for the clean up crew to move about because that's when the trigger is sleeping. The trigger is always curious and looking for anything that moves and he will chomp on them to see if they're edible. This is another reason I'm afraid to add blennies and gobies that stay on the sand. If they don't act like typical fishes swimming about then he might go after them. The trigger lives with a maroon clown and dogface puffer and gets along with them.

reefer334
08/24/2008, 09:08 PM
Your inverts will adapt to the predators ,
they do in nature.

You will lose a couple not many but they will only come out at night while the triggers are sleeping.

Some will not harass them at all,
like stated above Sargassum's being one,Blue Jaws,Crosshatch's,most of the time Niger's and some Haw Black Triggers.

Triggers are awesome fish you will not be dissapointed on any of them you pick!!!

Chris

Recty
08/25/2008, 01:42 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13220805#post13220805 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by reefer334
Triggers are awesome fish you will not be dissapointed on any of them you pick!!!Chris I have to agree... they are such cool fish. I almost wish I just had a tank of triggers but I dont want to deal with the potential aggression.