PDA

View Full Version : Flame Angel

Zentoolie
08/24/2008, 07:57 PM
I have a new Flame Angel in quarantine at the moment and am just wondering when I introduce him to the 30 Gal DT does anyone foresee any problems with the other tank mates who are a lawnmower blenny, 2 occ clown fish and a magenta (purple) dottyback. The dottyback is a bit territorial towards the blenny but doesn't bother the clowns. Should I introduce using a breeding compartment so the others get used to him first or just put him in?

Zen

NCADAM
08/24/2008, 08:02 PM
I got a cherub angel (supposedly the most aggressive of pygmy's) and just acclimated and put him in and had no problems. My list of fish and parameters are below for an F.Y.I. However, each fish is different as I have been told.

Good Luck,

Adam

Zentoolie
08/24/2008, 09:18 PM
Possibly didn't explain properly what I meant to say will the Flame be ok or will the dottyback bully him. The flame was being a bit bullied in the shop and wasn't eating. I've got him to eat now and just a bit worried the same thing might happen in the main tank.

Zen

wigman27
08/25/2008, 04:30 AM
Hi,

You have almost exactly the same fish I have. Every fish as you probably know is differant in its temprement. But I found when I introduced the Flame angel she wasn't bossy or boistress, but she stood her ground and didn't put up with any junk either. I think you probably will be fine but if you feel safe putting her in a breeding tray then try it, It can't hurt

crvz
08/25/2008, 05:30 AM
It's likely that the dottyback will continue to be territorial, but there's no telling until you put the fish in the tank. If you're concerned, leave the angel in QT until it is very well recovered and healthy, such that it is ready to put up with a bit of a stink for a while if necessary.

ptc_c_trigger
08/25/2008, 07:38 AM
- Change the rock-work up a bit (especially where the dottyback hangs out)

- Turn out the lights

- Put the flame in

- Turn the lights back on after several hours.

NCADAM
08/26/2008, 10:34 AM
Agree