PDA

View Full Version : is this normal??? (green clown goby)

agreeive?fish
08/24/2008, 08:09 PM
hello , i have a green clown goby that i have had for aprox 30 days.. i have NEVER seen him out (yes he is still alive and fat as i moved his 'home" to see to day and he swam rigt back under his rock the second i put it back in place. i have no idea if he is even eating or not. I do have a breeding colony of brine shrimp in the tank (veriffied by live brine shrimp of multiple sizes in my sump inlet filter pad daily) and bristle worms

is this normal behavior for a green clown goby???

BeesGoneWild
08/24/2008, 10:42 PM
Give him a little more time they can be a little bashful at first until they get used to there suroundings. If hes fat then hes probably eating your brine shrimp and pods.

Salty Joy
08/24/2008, 11:21 PM
It is very normal, but they will need more than brine shrimp. It'll make him fat, but not healthy. Mysis is the way to go.

crvz
08/25/2008, 05:46 AM
I've seen them stay in the same place for a long time, usually they'll take a home in an acro colony or something similar. I agree with the above, though, make sure you're offering more than just brine shrimp.

agreeive?fish
08/25/2008, 06:27 AM
Oh I dont feed brine shrimp except as a treat, the brine shrimp in the tank are hitchhikers that established a breeding colony..

i feed the following to the tank

Flakes.. formula 1, 2, and prime reef

Pellets.. formula 1 and 2

Algae sheets.. red, green, brown

Frozen cubes.. mysis, reef planton, angel/butterfly diet, clams

frozen seafood... table shrimp (chopped up)

Are green clown gobies more nocternal????

jtma508
08/25/2008, 07:01 AM
Clown gobies principal diet is coral polyps from what I've read. I'd love to have one but don't need a coral muncher.