PDA

View Full Version : custom tank

Titus77
08/25/2008, 11:35 PM
Where is the best place on the internet to order custom tanks from? Is glasscages.com reputable? I want to have them build a tank to specific demensions. It can be either glass or acrylic. I just want a reputable place to build it and ship it to me. Thanks.

Any questions? Just ask...

Flavum
08/26/2008, 08:22 AM
yea ive sen work done by glasscages and talked to alot of people that have gotten custom work done and Ive heard nothing but good things from them. also you cant be the price for what there doing :)

flasher1
08/26/2008, 10:28 AM
Customer service is awful and I have seen some tanks that are phenomenal and some that somewhat undesirable. I have heard that if you give them explicit directions that their tanks are second to none.

Sorry if this is a bit ambiguous but I have had a bad tank from them and awful experience with their customer service, so I am trying to remain unbiased.

GSMguy
08/26/2008, 11:14 AM
i recommend Envision Acrylics

Titus77
08/26/2008, 11:16 AM
Well, I contacted them about how much it would cost (including s/h) for a custom tank with the dimensions being 18" wide, 21" deep (from front to back), and 18" tall. They replyed within the half hour telling me that a "rimless glass aquarium costs $ 140.00" and then they said that it is "about 28 gallons". So while I was trying to go to sleep for 5 hours, I was thinking about that message. Would it be cheaper to just buy that tank from them and put a Fluval 4 internal filter (https://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~action~view~idProduct~HG10175~idCategory~FIFRITWP~category~Water_Pump_Driven-Internal__Undergravel-Filters-Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies~vendor~.html) inside of it, or would buying a 24 gallon Nanocube Delux be better?

P.S. What is starfire? What do they mean by rimless?

traveller7
08/26/2008, 11:18 AM
I recommend heading over to Vendor Experiences Forum instead of cluttering up Anemones & Clownfish:

Vendor Experiences Forum (http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=8)

Titus77
08/26/2008, 11:28 AM
Sorry :D