PDA

View Full Version : Single White Dot on Naso Tang...Don't Think It's Ich?

StinkinTuna
08/26/2008, 05:11 PM
Its hard to tell from this picture but this is the best shot I was able to take.

There is a single white dot on my Naso Blonde. It slightly protrudes as if it were a speck of salt on its body. I was thinking ICH but there is only 1 dot and its been on him for a week.

Is it a possible parasite of some kind?

He seems fine and though he only eats the hair algae in my tank and will only spit out spirinela flakes and other frozen foods. He is not lethargic and pretty active.

Any suggestions as to what it might be and has anyone lese seen something lick this before?

Is it Ich?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Charles4400/nasodot.jpg

Untamed12
08/26/2008, 05:39 PM
I do not think that is ich.

My blonde Naso actually has some similar spots. They don't seem to bother him in any way. Cleaner shrimp don't seem to remove them.

Unless you see a lot more of them, I wouldn't be concerned.

StinkinTuna
08/26/2008, 06:02 PM
Thanks for the reply... that's good news since I can't catch this guy if I wanted too to treat him... any other opinions on this?

crvz
08/26/2008, 08:25 PM
that's no problem, whenever I see something like that on a fish I usually don't rush to "help." Mostly just give it a bit more food and make sure it's not being stressed out, and you'll see it gone in a week or less.

StinkinTuna
08/26/2008, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the input. Here's a nother pic , though again it isn;t as clear as when you see the fish and dot in person.

Upon close inspection it actually looks more like a tiny ball of lint, it's not a white knot so to speak but seems slightly broken apart...almost fuzzy but not quite.

Worried it's some kind of parasite but I will let things be and and see how it goes for another week or so (though I said that a week ago too :P )

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/Charles4400/naso2dot.jpg

Aj Flip
08/26/2008, 10:12 PM
FW dip? or bad idea

StinkinTuna
08/27/2008, 04:41 PM
anyone other opinions?

downhillbiker
08/27/2008, 05:04 PM
just leave it be. i wouldnt stress the fish out over a suspicious spot. my tomini tang gets many white spots and scratches on it over the course of a week and he is fine. has been for over a year.