PDA

View Full Version : feed cycle program help

jimsflies
08/29/2008, 09:03 AM
I am still experiencing some bugs with my code (I always seem to have problems with the Max Change statements. They seem counterintuitive to me).

I want to have the return pump and skimmer stay off for an extended period after the feed cycle is over. I created two dummy timers. One "SKS" is the skimmer switch, the other "RTS" is the return pump swith. (SKM is the skimmer and RTN is the return pump.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Time > 00:00 Then SKS ON
Time > 00:00 Then RTS ON
If Feed cycle Then RTS OFF
If Timer RTS = OFF Then RT1 OFF
Max Change 005 M Then RTS OFF
If Feed cycle Then SKS OFF
If Timer SKS = OFF Then SKM OFF
Max Change 030 M Then SKS OFF

BTW- I am still running firmware version 3.10s

kenargo
08/29/2008, 02:18 PM
I feel you would benefit from a firmware upgrade. In the newer firmware there is a time parameter included as part of the Feed timer which allows for a timer to be help in a set condition after feed cycle ends. This sounds like a perfect fit for what you are wanting to do.

Max Change by itself does not change a timer state; it is use to 'guarantee' that a timer cannot change for the specified amount of time from the condition specified. Put another way it will cause a timer to delay a state change until the Max Change number of minutes has expired. Hard to explain; I'll add an example:

If you have Max Change 010 M Then RTS OFF

If a line in the program turns RTS OFF #assume previously on# the Max Change timer starts. If the program tries to turn RTS on in less then 10 minutes the condition change will be ignored and RTS will remain off. After the Max Change 10 minute timer has expired the program will act normally.

Hope one of my explanations makes sense.

jimsflies
08/29/2008, 03:50 PM
I guess I will try to upgrade firmware this weekend. I have been avoiding it because I am concerned about compatibility with the web interface that dhoch set up for me.

jimsflies
08/30/2008, 12:21 AM
Well it worked. I agree the new firmware handles what I am trying to do perfectly. Saves me about 8 lines of code and two timers. Thanks for your suggestion.

kenargo
08/30/2008, 12:37 AM
Glad it worked for you.