PDA

View Full Version : Stream 6201 not working?

Ed Reef
08/31/2008, 03:44 AM
Roger,

One of my Stream 6201 stop working today...... I took it out and did dismantle the pump according to the manual and did a cleaning and soak the pump in lukewarm water for 5 minutes. After that it works but the blade seem to not stay in place when it rotate - keep jumping up/down??

What's wrong?? Do I have to send back to my distributor or is there an easy fix?? Something I'm missing?? Bought it brand new and I've only been using it for over 3 months??

HELP??

Ed Reef
09/01/2008, 12:16 AM
Roger,

After soaking the pump in vinegar and water overnight, I tested it again and same issue...the driver spins but keep jumping up/down and will not keep still in place.

Then I remove the bush bearing, (plastic collar that goes around the hole) and seems to work well again!!

Does the brush bearing need to be there?? When I place back the brush bearing, the driver won't stay in place :(

Any advice??

rvitko
09/01/2008, 07:16 AM
It could be that the bush bearing is defective or damaged, I would not use the pump without, it is replaceable because wear occurs at this point but it should last 2-3 years.

Ed Reef
09/01/2008, 07:25 AM
Thanks Roger - mine is only about 3 months in used. Anyway, I have removed it and send back to my distributor