PDA

View Full Version : what manufacturer produces a combo UV/ OZONIZER

sfreiler
08/31/2008, 02:04 PM
I recently saw an in line combination unit for UV sterlization / ozonizer. I searched the net unsucessfully for this unit. Just need a brand name. can you help me. Is there a site where i can find used equipment or just great deals on reef tank stuff?

rogergolf66
08/31/2008, 02:38 PM
I don't think it is made and if it is what is the benofit over seperate units?

Roger

Randy Holmes-Farley
08/31/2008, 04:50 PM
Could it have been an ozone generator that used UV light to generate the ozone? Those systems do not expose tank water to the UV.

I agree that I can't see a reason to make a combo, unless it is a complete potable water disinfection unit or some such thing.

sfreiler
08/31/2008, 08:14 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13264867#post13264867 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rogergolf66

Roger

Thought I'd get a quick response. I'll try calling the reef shop where I had originally discovered it. there are a couple of advantages it is plumbed in line with your recirculation pump ( w/proper flow rate ). no need for seperate pumps and a spagahetti trap of hosing thus requiring less space. Not to mention it just looks smart.

sfreiler
08/31/2008, 08:15 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13264867#post13264867 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rogergolf66

Roger

Thought I'd get a quick response. I'll try calling the reef shop where I had originally discovered it. there are a couple of advantages it is plumbed in line with your recirculation pump ( w/proper flow rate ). no need for seperate pumps and a spagahetti trap of hosing thus requiring less space. Not to mention it just looks smart.

rogergolf66
08/31/2008, 08:19 PM
you can plumb in a regular uz to the return pump with a gate valve and the profer fittings from HD. I run everything off my return pump.

calcium reactor
phosban reactor
UV
Carbon reactor
and return line
and a frag tank on one pump

but.....

if it looks smart why not

Roger