PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing Question

Hungriee
09/03/2008, 11:59 AM
So I got all my equipment for my sump build.

As of now I have:

Tank: 20G Long (30x12x12)
- The tank will have 4 chambers (1 for LR, 1 for the Protein Skimmer, 1 for Refugium, then a bubble chamber to diffuse the bubbles and then the return pump chamber)

Protein Skimmer:
Aqua Medic Turboflotor Hang On Protein Skimmer

http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_ViewItem~action~view~idProduct~AQ1113~idCategory~FIPSHONW~category~Venturi_With_Needle_Wheel-Hang_On-Protein_Skimmers-Saltwater_Aquarium_Supplies~vendor~.html

Pump:
Eheim 1260 Pump

Overflow Box:
Lifereef Std Box 600gph with Aqua Silencer

So, I'm very new to this build and unsure what I need to connect the overflow box into the sump, and how to connect the tubing from the return pump back to the return tube into the tank?

What materials should I consider looking into? How many ball valves will I need?

sbreefer
09/03/2008, 05:29 PM
that's 5 chambers... in an awfully small sump. how big is your DT?
you need a bulkhead fittinng it the btm of the overflow. no valve here but a union (not a coupling). plumb it with flex pvc super easy glue fittings. make sure you install a union whereever you will need to remove something.
your skimmer should not need a valve for adjust. if it does it needs a gate not a ball. MD sells black pvc and all the wierd fittings you would need. I would suggest this size for the refug only.