PDA

View Full Version : regal angel...

jdmcivicek9
09/03/2008, 08:37 PM
so i bought a regal angel today and floated it in my qt tank to tempreture acclimate it before i started to drip acclimate it and before i was even able to drip acclimate it, it laid over and died...any ideas on what could have happened??are they poor shippers??

Tswifty
09/03/2008, 08:44 PM
Extremely poor shippers... In fact most aren't even guarranteed by online sites to arrive alive.

There are a few guys around here who have them... I forget where they say the "hardier" ones are from. I'll have to check and get back to you.

jdmcivicek9
09/03/2008, 08:49 PM
i believe red sea are hardier which mine was not. and obviously since it died it must have been a really poor shipper considering the lfs got there order in today around 3 and i picked it up at like 3:30 right after they opened the box it came in took it home and started temp acclimation and it died...but i talked to the lfs and they said to bring it in and i would get a full refund which is nice of them so i will do that tomorrow!!

sps1-2-b
09/03/2008, 11:32 PM
Yes, the red sea ones are hardier. It has a yellow belly rather than gray. Most fishes from the red sea are hardier, don't know why that is.

DarthSimon
09/04/2008, 06:23 AM
I bought a Red Sea Regal over 6 months ago. Very challenging fish to get eating. Mine would only eat clams on the half shell for over 4 months. Finally at 6 months he is eating most foods out of the water column... Mysid, pellets, Formula 2 Frozen... Ect..

Sounds like the fish got overly stressed in the bucket... I would take a stab at it again, and wait for one that has been at the lfs for at least a few days, and seems semi interested at eating.... Ask them to get you a Red Sea or Maldives..... They will both have a yellow face. They fair much better in the home...

luntiz
09/04/2008, 02:10 PM
Wow that sucks to hear, I actually got a Regal that was feeding at the LFS and continues to eat everything I put into my tank.

Good luck next time.

luntiz
09/04/2008, 02:15 PM
Wow that sucks to hear, I actually got a Regal that was feeding at the LFS and continues to eat everything I put into my tank.

Good luck next time.

agreeive?fish
09/04/2008, 03:53 PM
Iam waiting on a red sea regal to show up on divers den so i can snag it up

jdmcivicek9
09/05/2008, 09:31 AM
yeah my friend actually works at the lfs and hes going to try and get a redsea one this time...hopefull it will work out!!