PDA

View Full Version : Need Fish Advice... which to add?

BSimm
09/04/2008, 12:30 PM
Hello folks... I don't post here much but have gleaned a ton of valuable information from all of you over the last couple of years.

In short, I'm looking for some recommendations from you on which fish to add to my new Oceanic 105 gallon tank. I recently upgraded from a Nanocube 24 that had one Ocellaris Clown, a small Six Line Wrasse and a Watchman Goby. They did fine in transition to the new tank, as have all my corals.

In general, I love corals (moving mostly toward SPS) more than a huge bioload of fish. But still, I'm excited to add some new fish to the tank.

Ive got a Dart provide circulation (about 28X),
- 38 Sump and Refugium with live rock and Cheato.
- PM ES100 Skimmer and a Kalk Doser. (2) 250 MH PFO lamps, (4) 48" - VHO (3 super actinic, one super white).
- Tank Dimension 48Lx 18D x 28 tall

So, in addition to my current fishes, what would you add and why? Keeping in mind that I'd like to have a lower bio load than a higher one? After only about 1.5 years in the hobby, I feel like I have a greater knowledge of corals than fish!

Thanks for help and recommendations, folks.

Brad

Moonstream
09/04/2008, 06:50 PM
personally, I have much the same stocklist, but no sixline. I would add a mate for the clown, and I would also add a pair (make sure they are a m/f pair) of firefish, or add a group and let 2 pair off. I would also add a pair of leopard wrasses and group of chromis or maybe of blue eye cardinals, maybe 5-7.