PDA

View Full Version : flat worms

rusty dowell
09/05/2008, 09:30 AM
i getting my flat worms under control, i have a 6 line wrase. Is there another fish that eats falt worms.

crvz
09/05/2008, 09:42 AM
a number of wrasses will eat them, but you'll want to check on compatibility with the sixline (though if this is a 265, probably not that big of an issue). You'll also want to consider flatworm exit, a product that is used as an in-tank treatment to kill of the pests (though there are some precautions, do some research on it if you've not yet done so).

gogregerson
09/05/2008, 09:48 AM
I would say if your getting them under control with the six-line you've got, your good. If you further add controls or resort to chemicals your going to be taking away a good food source for your wrasse. Besides, flat worms, when kept in check, are not inherently bad.

rusty dowell
09/05/2008, 09:48 AM
i really dont care for treatment i like being natural. just asking of other fish, that eats them. I have a six line and i swear it looks like it is round. it has been eatting so many

Captinshinyside
09/05/2008, 11:32 AM
I would worry about adding to many fish who will eat them, unless they will feed off other foods as well. Otherwise you will get to watch your new little friend slowly starve to death, as they do the job you bought them for =)

I would think the real question would be is How bad was your flat worm infestation? And how long have you had the six line and How is the infestation now? If he is keeping them in check and working the population down them just give him a bit more time and it should be ok.

scapes
09/05/2008, 12:25 PM
just keep the sixline, if he's eating them now, he'll eat the rest eventually

rusty dowell
09/05/2008, 12:29 PM
thanks to all, i love this place

Peter Eichler
09/05/2008, 12:49 PM
Target Mandarins have been reported to eat them, though I personally have not seen it.

scapes
09/05/2008, 01:44 PM
I had a mandarin, didn't touch any of them.... :(