PDA

View Full Version : sleeping trigger...is he dead?

deeboi
09/06/2008, 01:46 AM
wassup yall...i picked up a humuhumu trigger on wednesday. got him and acclimated for about thirty mins. then put him in my tank. ever since wed. he just been laying on his side, i know he still alive because he has moved around and when he is lying on the sand by the glass if i tap it he'll flutter. i see his gills moving and like i mentioned he'll flutter like he still has life in him but only for a few seconds and will lay back down. i kept the lights off for the first 24 hrs. my water last tested was good. 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, maybe less than 20 ppm nitate, with sg @ 1.24. i did a little water change today and the other fish that are in there are fine.

do you think this little guy will make it? he's just laying there.

limitdown
09/06/2008, 03:30 AM
Might still be having problems acclimating to your water chemistry, temp, etc.
Acclimation doesn't end when you put him into the tank. Sometimes they just don't make it too far past that stage.

deeboi
09/06/2008, 03:44 AM
thanks for the reply. i know that fish are pretty resilient. but i don't know what to do with the little guy if he is just gonna die. should i just leave him? or toss him in the freezer?

SaltyMember
09/06/2008, 06:49 AM
I wouldn't rush to put him in the freezer, try to give him another day to see if he changes.

deeboi
09/06/2008, 11:43 AM
he's actually getting worse. he has been in the same spot since yesterday. but he is still breathing. i don't know why he's not waking up.

squealy
09/06/2008, 08:54 PM
Did you pick him up from a LFS? Was he eating there? Did the bagging, etc., go well?