PDA

View Full Version : FedEx Smartpost

orchidsnfish
09/07/2008, 04:33 PM
My most recent order was shipped with smartpost and 8 business days later I don't know where it is. Last tracking info from 5 days ago was in a town 25 miles from me. Who knows what happened after that. The package was supposed to be here on 9/2. I just want to say I am very disappointed. The reason I order from F&S is to avoid these issues. I have bought 99% of my equipment from you guys over the years, but thanks to smartpost I now hesitate to buy from you again.

My order will be reshipped, which is great, but it still puts me waiting 2 weeks for an item I obviously needed. I know you guys can't control the shippers losing packages, but you can control who you ship with. I do have a note on my account to NEVER ship with them again so hopefully I will not have to deal with this in the future.

The order before this one from you was shipped USPS, which was annoying because I couldn't track it, but was nothing compared to this ordeal. I feel that customers should have some control over the shipper that is used for their products.

To be honest I haven't been too pleased with the telephone customer service either. When I called about this package after it's expected delivery I was told that the expected delivery date was "just an estimate" and that "we have 7 business days for it to get there per our policy." I was told that "there is no indication that the package is anywhere close to being delivered" even though it is less than 30 miles from my house. Even yesterday after 7 business days I was asked if I could "wait until next Monday" to see if it arrived. I said no, so now it is supposed to be reshipped and if/when the original shows up I have to ship it back to you guys.

Angela

dfs/la2
09/07/2008, 05:11 PM
Angela,

Thank you for your post. We sincerely apologize that you are not satisfied with the shipping method that was used on your most recent order and for the level of customer service that you received. Your file has been coded so that all future orders are shipped using FedEx only. Your situation has also been brought to the attention of our Management department. In the event that the original order does arrive, please let us know and we will send you a Prepaid Return Label to cover the cost of the return shipping. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Dallas R.
LiveAquaria (http://www.liveaquaria.com/default.cfm?siteid=20)
Drs. Foster & Smith (http://www.drsfostersmith.com/)