PDA

View Full Version : Direct Connect 4 HD

mdvistnes
09/08/2008, 09:45 AM
One of my DC4 HD got a bit of water on it yesterday and now the plugs are not responding to the controller. All the downstream boxes work and respond, just not this one. One of the 4 plus is "hot" and still powers whatever I plug into it, but the other 3 plugs are dead/off. Tried unplugging it and re-plugging it. No visible water damage. Not really sure if it was water as there is very little evidence that it may have been splashed. Any suggestions? Can I reset it somehow? Thanks.

mitch91175
09/08/2008, 10:25 AM
I do not know ow long it has been since the water was in it, but I would say let it dry without it being plugged for a while, then try it again after it is completely dried out.

kenargo
09/08/2008, 04:23 PM
If it was salt water you will need to clean it better or replace it. Reason being; salt water will collect moisture from the air and remain a fire hazard for a VERY long time. It it was clean RO/DO of similar fresh water allow it to dry a few days and test it.

If salt water; you might be able to flush with moderately hot water (don't submerge) and allow to dry for many days and it may begin working correctly again.