PDA

View Full Version : my maroon will not leave my coral alone

major926
09/08/2008, 08:44 PM
i have a gs maroon that i've had about a year. it is about 2-2.5 inches. i can not add coral without the maroon knocking it off rocks or moving it. the maroon seems to move it where he wants it and then leaves it alone! if i move the coral back he moves it again.there is a few shrooms & leathers that were in the tank before him and he does not bother them. i do not have an anem. if i add one will he leave the corals alone?

ChrisKirkland
09/08/2008, 08:52 PM
Mine have done this too. Thats why I now add all coral at night when the lights are off so he will not notice it is there. Its their personality.

kfisc
09/08/2008, 08:55 PM
I wouldn't bet on it- I've seen them even bite the tips off anemones if they're hungry/just feeling obnoxious.

major926
09/08/2008, 09:11 PM
thanks for the advise! i will try adding coral at night, i dont want a tipless anemone!:lol:

Zaita
09/09/2008, 01:24 PM
You will find that this is quite common for alot (if not all) clownfish species. I used to nickname our Occ pair the "re-decorator fish", solely because they'd move shells etc around the tank and place them in odd locations.

Interesting to what. But in your case I'd use super glue (the gel kind), cotton or some Aqua-nead to attach your corals to the rocks so they cannot be knocked over.