PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had problem's with Joe's Juice?

fishguy2727
09/10/2008, 05:39 AM
A guy that I am working with now said that if you use Joe's Juice it will kill the aiptasia for now, but it will just come back even stronger in a couple weeks. Has anyone ever heard this before? It worked perfectly for me (I had to jam the applicator into the hole the mojano pulled back into and squirt it in there, but it killed it) and all I have ever heard about this stuff is that it is great. Are there any cases to support his claim or is he just misunderstanding what happened in his tank? (He used it and said they came back, but maybe OTHER ones came in? He said he used it as directed by feeding them as well as by jamming it into them like I did) He told the customer to just use vinegar at full strength and not to worry about the Joe's Juice.

wayne in norway
09/10/2008, 06:55 AM
Typically if a tanks heavily infested there are quite a few juveniles clustered around an adults foot - it's how they reproduce. Kill the big one and one of the nippers grows to fit the space.
Vinegar is hopeless... if you're going to try anything try kalk.

tomphot1
09/10/2008, 07:02 AM
+1 Wayne
I think it's the juveniles your friend is seeing.
If you work on getting them as they pop up, you will see a dramatic improvement.
It took me a few weeks of constant work, but in the end, KI think I got them all.

scapes
09/10/2008, 07:07 AM
I bought joe's juice ALL the time. I didn't have a bad outbreak, but they were definately spreading. at 7-8$ a piece, I know I spent $150+ on this stuff. Thing is, I'd use it, week later they'd be right back.. I tried the pep shrimp thing, that was useless. I bought some berghia nudi's, now they do work. however, that was a slow process. I found some kalk laying around, put in a heavy dose on some aptasias, been atleast 3 weeks ago, haven't come back!! I've got kalk ready to be used.

manofcoral
09/10/2008, 07:57 AM
Joes juice worked for me. Yes, I did have to do it about three times to get them all. I an free for a long time now. I think the point is do not let it get out of control before you start killing them. the longer you wait the longer it takes to get them all.

customanimalart
09/15/2008, 12:34 AM
Yes and Yes. My aiptasia problem is ten-fold now. So I now have an aiptasia tank and not a reef tank. I have a new CBB in QT who is a pig. I can't wait til he goes to the DT and erradicates them all.