PDA

View Full Version : leopard wrasse

Mappelbaum37
09/10/2008, 05:55 PM
i Saw a leopard wrasse at the LFS today.. Not the blue star leopard wrasse, the female leopard wrasse. I already have a 6 line wrasse in my tank, (75g) so does that mean I can't get the leopard. It was very active in the store, and I watched it eat prepared food, which apparently is pretty rare. Just curious

Thanks

Sssaltwater
09/10/2008, 06:24 PM
Due to the pugnacious attitude of most 6 lines, I would leave the leopard wrasse at the store. Or decide which fish you would rather have in your tank.

Six line wrasses are usually very easy to trap out of your tank, due to their curious nature.

So, if you pulled him out you could mix various types of leopards together as well as the fairy wrasses. Which makes for a very colorful combination.

Best regards, Rick Soutas

Rendos
09/10/2008, 06:33 PM
I agree. The leopard will most likely receive a good thrashing from your 6 line. You could however put a nice mix of leopards in there without issue.

abulgin
09/10/2008, 06:34 PM
I strongly urge you to research the needs of leopard wrasses. They should be kept only by advanced/expert aquarists with a system that is suitable.

Mappelbaum37
09/10/2008, 06:49 PM
understood..thanks for the help everyone..I'm going to keep my 6 line because I dont really give my fish away once i get them.. Besides, I wouldnt want to get the leopard and have it die on me due to inexperience

Thanks

cloak
09/11/2008, 04:06 AM
Check this out.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-07/hcs3/index.php

LOTUS50GOD
09/11/2008, 08:05 AM
I think it depends on the size of your tank
I have a leopard, a 6line, and a possum wrasse in my 340.... The leopard is significantly bigger than the 6 line. I do not have any issues with aggression. The leopard is a very social wrasse I see him daily.