PDA

View Full Version : Compatibility of fish and Leather Toadstool

brayden
09/11/2008, 09:06 AM
I am thinking of going to a FOWLR system. What kind of fish would I be able to have if I kept my Toadstool Leather?

LOTUS50GOD
09/11/2008, 09:13 AM
Angels have been known to nip at softies... I wouldnt trust a trigger either as they eat anything... other than that you should be fine.

rainmkr07
09/11/2008, 10:34 AM
honestly, leather toadstool frags are cheap and easy enough to come by, I wouldn't worry about it. I doubt you'd have any problems, and if you did, then you're only out $10 right?

Sarcophyton69
09/11/2008, 10:39 AM
I have found most fish will not mess with noxious leather corals like sinularia and sarcophytons. I have kept various angels (majestic, blueface, regal, golgfake), Pygmys (Multicolor, Bicolor, Cora Beauty, Lemon Peel, Flame) and some Butterflies (Racoon, Auriga, Lemon, Kliens) with out them damaging the leather corals. They may pick at it on rare occasions but they do not eat the leathers, and the leathers polyps are open. Other individuals i know have had issues with the Carribean species like the French and Queen. If you plan on keeping butterflies i would research the species you are interested in. Avoid the species that eat leathers in the wild like the tear drop butterfly.