PDA

View Full Version : Spots on clowns? ?

Johnnyfisher
09/12/2008, 03:43 PM
Hey everybody, this is my first post on RC. I have a black occelaris and a true perc. Sometimes they have little white spots, I kno it's not ich though. It comes and goes but I noticed it more when the temp was fluctuating during the summer. No other fish has got it but them. Any ideas what it could be, I haven't found any info. Thanks for any ideas!

Raibaru
09/12/2008, 03:48 PM
Are these white spots more like cottony white growths? Typically on the tips of their fins, tail, or on their body by their fins?

Johnnyfisher
09/12/2008, 04:28 PM
Ther on the body, they don't really look cottony. The black one has had them around the mouth, but now he has none and the perc has really small ones on the body, maybe only two little spots.

klepto
09/13/2008, 10:59 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13341477#post13341477 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Johnnyfisher
Hey everybody, this is my first post on RC. I have a black occelaris and a true perc. Sometimes they have little white spots, I kno it's not ich though. It comes and goes but I noticed it more when the temp was fluctuating during the summer. No other fish has got it but them. Any ideas what it could be, I haven't found any info. Thanks for any ideas!

You really have to work to keep those temps stable! Im struggling with fluctuations as well- only mine are swinging colder.

According to Robert Fenner's book: The Conscientious Marine Aquarist...

"Changes of more than 1 degree F a day are rare in large bodies of water like the world's oceans. Thermal stress is all too often a starting point for the weakening of captive livestock, leading to death from other, secondary causes. Careful attention to temperature control is vital to success in maintaining a healthy marine system." pg 63