PDA

View Full Version : Sixline Wrasse not eating whats offered

hops523
09/14/2008, 10:03 AM
Yesterday afternoon I got a sixline wrasse. The lights came on this morning, and since then Ive seen the sixline roaming around the live rock, and a few times he has picked at the rocks. So Im assuming he is eating copepods, or something along those lines. I was getting ready to feed my lps coral, so I kept the filtration on, and put in some frozen cyclop eeze, so the feeder tentacles would come out on the coral. The sixline didnt seem to interested in the cyclop eeze. So I turned off the filtration, and spot fed my coral some mysis shrimp. I turned the filters back on after they were done eating, and squirt 4 pieces of mysis in the tank, so the filters would move them around, and hopefully entice the sixline to eat some. Well he saw one piece, ate it, then spit it back out. After that he has just been looking at the mysis shrimp, and not eating it. What other food should I try? Brine shrimp?Flake food?

alprazo
09/14/2008, 07:51 PM
Don't worry, as long as the fish is picking at the rock it should be OK. Once it hunts the rock and has wiped out your pod population, it should be ready for added food. A fuge always helps though.

RyDoggsReef
09/14/2008, 09:03 PM
try soaking some flakes in a cup with water from your tank, let them soak until they start to sink, they will be softer and the wrasse will be less likely to spit them back out.

roktsintst
09/15/2008, 08:03 AM
i've had mine for like 2 years and i don'tthink i have ever seen himheat when i feed. he just picks around and is a fat little guy!