PDA

View Full Version : 6x54W Nova Extreme Pro

ektor
09/15/2008, 04:36 PM
While researching the Nova Extreme Pro, I came across the same review on Marine Depot and afishybusiness dot com. Are these two companies the same? Or is someone playing a game? The reviews state they were accomplished different dates and different people, you tell me?

Here is the review from both sites.

Marine Depot:

Impressions by STEVEN STODDART
Experience Level: Intermediate
Posted on 12/25/2007 from MONROE, MI UNITED STATES
Comments: Well, I've had the new 48" 6 bulb Current Nova Extreme Pro for a couple of weeks now. I like the fixture a lot. It has two fans in the end plus vent slots in the top. Cooling of the fixture is not an issue. The TEK has no fans and is only slotted. Included with the fixture are the docking mounts (legs) as well as a full length acrylic splash shield. Both are optional items with both the TEK and Aquatinics fixtures. Six bulbs are included with the fixture. Three each of 10,000k and actinics. I like the looks of the tank with this light. The other brands are fixture only. Bulbs aren't horribly expensive, I may play with some different combinations as time goes on to see if I like the looks of others better. The unit has two on/off switches on the fan end. One turns on two actinics and a fan, the other controls the other blue plus the whites and the other fan. A good setup IMO for dusk to dawn light timing. It does not have the LED's built in that my Current PC fixture had, but that is more fluff than anything anyhow. The individual reflectors on this unit are what some may see as the weakest point in this fixture. Instead of having six independent and "individual" reflectors, Current USA has taken a different approach. The reflectors are formed from a single sheet of reflective material: starting at one edge and then bent/formed around each bulb. The reflectors are not curved or parabolic around each bulb, but rather angled (picture cutting a stop sign in half) to achieve the "individual" reflectors. The reflector material used appears to be of high quality, it is very reflective. So I can't say if this is a bad thing or not, I don't have experience with any other brand fixtures to use as a benchmark. All things considered, I think there is a lot of value in this fixture from a results to cost ratio. I am very pleased with it thus far and wouldn't hesitate recommending it to someone.

From A fishybusiness:

Well, I've had the new 48" 6 bulb Current Nova Extreme Pro for a couple of weeks now. I like the fixture a lot. It has two fans in the end plus vent slots in the top. Cooling of the fixture is not an issue. The TEK has no fans and is only slotted. Included with the fixture are the docking mounts (legs) as well as a full length acrylic splash shield. Both are optional items with both the TEK and Aquatinics fixtures. Six bulbs are included with the fixture. Three each of 10,000k and actinics. I like the looks of the tank with this light. The other brands are fixture only. Bulbs aren't horribly expensive, I may play with some different combinations as time goes on to see if I like the looks of others better. The unit has two on/off switches on the fan end. One turns on two actinics and a fan, the other controls the other blue plus the whites and the other fan. A good setup IMO for dusk to dawn light timing. It does not have the LED's built in that my Current PC fixture had, but that is more fluff than anything anyhow. The individual reflectors on this unit are what some may see as the weakest point in this fixture. Instead of having six independent and "individual" reflectors, Current USA has taken a different approach. The reflectors are formed from a single sheet of reflective material: starting at one edge and then bent/formed around each bulb. The reflectors are not curved or parabolic around each bulb, but rather angled (picture cutting a stop sign in half) to achieve the "individual" reflectors. The reflector material used appears to be of high quality, it is very reflective. So I can't say if this is a bad thing or not, I don't have experience with any other brand fixtures to use as a benchmark. All things considered, I think there is a lot of value in this fixture from a results to cost ratio. I am very pleased with it thus far and wouldn't hesitate recommending it to someone.
Date Added: 05/25/2008 by Mike

DaveG99
09/15/2008, 10:53 PM
scam!

pledosophy
09/15/2008, 10:59 PM
I did not have the PRO version bt I was very disappointed with my Nova fixture. Cheap parts that broke easily made me replace the fixture the first time I had to replace the bulbs. JME.

ektor
09/23/2008, 06:21 AM
I still think someone is playing a game here. Not exactly sure who. Either way, purchased the light and awaiting delivery.