PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed - tank leak...

GreggCharest
09/16/2008, 08:32 AM
First of all, thanks for reading this thread. I can really use some advice!

This morning at 5am my wife came to tell me that my 20g reef had sprung a leak. It must not have happened long before because I still half a tank of water. I was able to transfer everything into a rubbermaid tote, and luckily had 4 more gallons mixed up for a water change later this week.

I would like to get these guys into a tank as soon as possible - with almost incredible luck, I'm out sick from work with a cold, so I can go to the LFS straight away. How long can they last in the tote before I have to get them back into a tank.

Currently there is only a heater and small powerhead in the tote - no skimmer and no filtration. I don't plan on waiting a long time, but I want to know if I have 36 hours. It seems like the opportune time to upgrade my tank size/equipment, and will need to build a stand, etc.

What do you think? Should I be adding an airstone, another power head? Something else?

patsfan1130
09/16/2008, 08:59 AM
Mechanical filtration of some type would be nice. If you can then it would be no different than having them in a QT as most people run little more than that and a heater. If you keep the water at the right temp and make sure the water is oxygenated you should be ok

kzickovich
09/16/2008, 09:00 AM
add a air stone heater and powerhead and you will be good