PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Help

chicago_animal
09/17/2008, 10:58 AM
I need an item by next week and have read that shipping is taking longer then it used to due to a new shipping method. I am located in Palatine, Illinois. I used to get my order in 2 business days and wanted to know if it will now take longer.

Thanks,
Brian

dfs/la2
09/17/2008, 11:57 AM
chicago_animal,

Thank you for your post. Orders shipped by ground will be received with in 4-7 business days no matter which carrier. If you would like to specify a specific carrier, we will be happy to comply. We utilize Federal Express, UPS, and Postal for ground delivery. For an additional charge, we offer Federal Express Air Service.

Please let us know if you have any more questions. We are happy to help you.

Pat S.
Technical Support
Drs. Foster and Smith (http://www.drsfostersmith.com)

chicago_animal
09/17/2008, 01:49 PM
Is the Federal Express service the same you have been using for awhile now? I heard that it is a different shipping method THROUGH Fed-Ex and is taking longer to reach people.

Thank You,
Brian

dfs/la2
09/17/2008, 02:25 PM
chicago_animal,

Thank you for your return post. Federal Express is the same company we have always used. However, in addition to the regular Federal Express Delivery, we also have the capability of shipping packages with Smart Post.

Federal Express has partnered with the United States Postal System creating Smart Post. This means Federal Express picks up the package from our facility and delivers it to the customer’s local post office and in turn the post office then delivers the package to the customer. No matter what method is used, our ground shipments are guaranteed to arrive with in 4-7 business days.

Pat S.
Technical Support
Drs. Foster and Smith (http://www.drsfostersmith.com)

chicago_animal
09/17/2008, 02:42 PM
Pat,

Does if I want it shipped regular Fed-Ex Ground do I need to pay more...and can I still have it shipped this way?

Thanks,
Brian

dfs/la2
09/17/2008, 02:55 PM
Brian,

Thank you for your inquiry. The standard ground shipping price will be the same, no matter what ground service is used. If you would like to specify a method, we can certainly code your order to ship with that service. If you could please PM your customer information to us, we would be happy to have your file coded to always ship Fed Ex ground.

Sandy C.
Live Aquaria (liveaquaria.com)
Drs. Foster and Smith (drsfostersmith.com)