PDA

View Full Version : BTA help??

R_Hudson
09/17/2008, 06:46 PM
I have had this guy for about a week and all has been well with him. yesterday when i got home from work he has worked himself into a crevice and just kinda balled up for lack of a better word. he has been eating is it possible that my fire clowns are bothering him, and should i be worried? he is under halides with plenty of flow. he just hasnt moved since yesterday. still has good color and everything.

Zaita
09/17/2008, 07:55 PM
The anemone will move, open and close as it acclims itself to your tank. This can take a few weeks as it moves around and finds a spot it likes.

My 1ft wide anem can close up to the size of a golf-ball when it wants. It used to do this nightly for the first few months in my tank. Now it's always out and really healthy.

bprice
09/18/2008, 06:10 PM
I agree with Zaita. It should be fine soon. BTAs like to anchor their base into a rock crevice. When it gets adjusted and feels comfortable it will spread out. I have 5 and they all acted strange for the first few weeks until they settled in. Now they never move and open up all the time.

DTeuton
09/18/2008, 06:36 PM
i got a BTA an my clowns want let him eat, i half to hold a net over him so he can eat , why want the clowns let it eat ,Maybe I sure get them out, can some one help , an tell me what I sure do,

bprice
09/18/2008, 07:15 PM
Try feeding the clowns first. After they get full they should let you feed the nem.

clowns101
09/18/2008, 08:14 PM
i have to agree with bprice

WAR
09/19/2008, 12:10 AM
agreed.. feed the clowns then feed the nem