PDA

View Full Version : Coralife Thermometer

dbmtrman
09/19/2008, 10:36 AM
I realize that the coralife thermometers are cheap. But is it normal for them to lose their accuracy after 9 months or so? I have several of them. And for some reason they start dropping in temperature. I have a couple that are way off from what I know the temperature is. The temp is 80, but one is reading 75 and the other 69. I replaced the batteries, but they didn't change one bit. Anyone know if I can do anything with them or just toss them when they start to go.

apdonato95
09/19/2008, 10:55 AM
MINE TOO!!!! Any suggestions on a best thermometers?

pjf
09/19/2008, 05:22 PM
All electronic thermometers will drift with time and need recalibration.

I use a non-mercury foot-long glass thermometer for calibrating my temperature controller and Jager heater thermostats. You can read my review in this website under "Miller & Weber" thermometers. The Miller & Weber thermometer has 0.2-degree Fahrenheit marks every millimeter along its length. It is easy to read with its bright blue non-toxic liquid. Its range is 66 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit which is ideal for most aquarium use.

They are available for $40 from: http://www.hmalabsupply.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=265&category_id=f122017ffa23fae1b290041dfa555106&option=com_phpshop&Itemid=1.