PDA

View Full Version : BM200 Question.

MrManz1691
09/19/2008, 09:53 AM
I just bought a used bm200 from a guy up in SF and i have it in and hooked up. My question is the tube that you slide up and down to adjust waterheight in the skimmer seems to not be very snug. There is a plastic wingnut that you screw in to keep the tube at the desired lever. But my issue is that there is a stream of water that escapes past the junction where the two tubes meet. I want to know if that is normal or if there is something wrong with my skimmer. Anyone even know what i am talking about? I can get pics of the tube and the wingnut if needed. The area of the tube that is leaking is now under water, so it might be kinda hard to get a shot of that.

Daren
09/19/2008, 06:38 PM
I have the BM250 and it does the same thing. I worried at first also but I guess they all do this. I have mine adjusted almost all the way up. My sump level is set at 7 1/2 inches. Let me know how yours does.

Daren

MrManz1691
09/20/2008, 08:15 PM
ya i have mine all the way up as well. the water level is about 9-10in in my sump. I know recomended is 8. But it seems to work just fine. Just wondering if it will work better if it wasnt leaking.