PDA

View Full Version : ATB club

yeniraki
09/19/2008, 11:07 AM
Since there seems to a club for just about every skimmer out there and I have not seen "ATB Club" yet I thought I would start. I apologize, couldnt even find a picture of it yet so I wont be able to attach one.
Hoping you ATB owners share your pictures and experiences regarding your skimmers performance here and make us all jealous.

JRaquatics
09/19/2008, 11:26 AM
There's a large ATB club thread already
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1366840

gcarroll
09/19/2008, 11:37 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13384077#post13384077 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by yeniraki
Since there seems to a club for just about every skimmer out there and I have not seen "ATB Club" yet I thought I would start. I apologize, couldnt even find a picture of it yet so I wont be able to attach one. You obviously are not looking very hard since ATB USA is an RC sponsor and although they are not imported in high numbers, they are in very high demand.

gcarroll
09/19/2008, 11:41 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13383985#post13383985 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by yeniraki
We all know whose drawings they are. The guy's who manufactures the funny shaped skimmers that are not very popular.
Is it his attitude or the shape of the skimmer for such popularity?
Never understood why he has to attack another brand to build his business, to sell his skimmers. First he attacked KZ skimmers now Volcanos; drawings of modified BKs, deltecs looking like ATBs are on their way.

Nobody appreciates such attitude as does ATB sales.

I am starting a new thread "ATB club" for ATB lovers, dealers, and for future ATB customers and wishing them a good luck. Not as if you care about ATB skimmers anyway. it seems that you are more interested in battling another RC member by making unfounded statements. JMHO though!

Jim_S
09/19/2008, 11:54 AM
Yeah, I'm also a little confused on some of the RC rules....

The original ATB club thread was moved because Victor was posting in it and Jeff for ER was also asked to NOT post in the ER thread.

HOWEVER, Klaus posts very freely in the BK club thread (and most any other BK/RE thread) on the forum. Is there something that I am missing?

Shouldn't the BK thread also be moved into the proline forum?

gcarroll
09/19/2008, 12:15 PM
Although I own an ATB, I must admit that some of victor's posts in the ATB thread were not only geared toward design nor support but a bit toward sales. If people would have refrained from asking for prices and availability, then there most likely would have been no issues.

Klaus never posts regarding prices, he seems to just ignore those questions. Even proline refers you to contact a dealer for pricing.

Jim_S
09/19/2008, 02:52 PM
So thats where they draw the line? When someone starts talking about prices?

In all seriousness, Klaus's posts are very sales oriented. He might not mention about pricing, but his posts are all sales driven. Like when he posts pictures or info about new products. Jeff was asked to not post in that ER thread. I don't really recall him talking much about pricing though....

I don't really write the rules so it doesn't matter. I was just hoping for some clarification :)

gcarroll
09/19/2008, 03:57 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13385631#post13385631 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jim_S
So thats where they draw the line? When someone starts talking about prices? I am just speculating. Also, Klaus does not sell to the end user as Jeff and Victor do.

Jim_S
09/19/2008, 04:08 PM
I understand its just speculation Gregg, but isn't it considered commercial posting regardless? I think you're missing my point

Here is what I'm trying to say:

Whether Klaus sells to the public or not, his posts are not for the benefit of the community. They are for the benefit of his pocket, as his sales increase when proline's sales increase. By posting in threads (as a manufacturer) he is commercial posting. He is not a hobbyist like you and I. He stands to make money here. If he didn't, he wouldn't waste his time on this forum.

Like I mentioned earlier, I don't make the rules, I'm just confused on the rules of commercial posting, which is exactly what Klaus does....