PDA

View Full Version : Korallin C1502 Reactor

Haksar
09/19/2008, 02:10 PM
Hello All,

I was gifted a reactor from my friend with a regulator and C02 cylinder.I can see two inputs on the reactors which I can understand one is from the tank but I am confused about the other one.There is a C02 inline and water output with valve to control the effluent drips.The media is ARMS media as per my friend and he brought it thru Marine depot.

Please advise.

eggiel
09/19/2008, 04:45 PM
The line that goes from your main pump to the reactor inlet side (Ehiem pump)

The line that is in the outlet of the Eheim pump and it say outlet that you effluent drip

The line that its attach to the lid in the center thats a draain when ever your cylinder is full of air you dran it thru there

the line coming from you CO2 tank goes were the bronce check valve is thru the bottom

That check valve is directional it has a arrow

chris4869
09/19/2008, 06:09 PM
Maybe this will help.
Korallin Reactor Manual (http://www.f3images.com/IMD/UserManuals/KL1502.pdf)

Haksar
09/20/2008, 06:01 AM
Thanks Chris,its sure is an excellant link.

Haksar
09/21/2008, 07:28 AM
It says that a controller is not required but is recommended but I am confused how a controller can be used for this purpose.I am using a Milwaukee controller and if I set the ph to 6.5-6.7 then my co2 will replenish very fast because my tank ph will be more than this.Meaning my solenoid will not required to shut off the co2 unless I use two conrollers one for the tank and the other for the Calcium reactor.

jtma508
09/21/2008, 09:58 AM
No, no, no. You don't measure the pH of your tank. You measure the pH of the effluent (or the reactor itself --- same thing) and use that to control the solenoid. I use a 1502 but I replaced the top with the optional one that has the pH probe port. You can order them from MarineDepot.

Haksar
09/22/2008, 11:34 AM
Which means I have to get another ph monitor to measure the ph in my tank.