PDA

View Full Version : best way to pair up clowns

zoebeaglezoe
09/19/2008, 10:13 PM
ok I bought a pair of saddlebacks and the male didn't make it I think it got an eye injury and its in a 300 gallon setup so there was no way to help it and I haven't seen it for 3 days so I think he passed..

what is the best way to replace the male so they will pair up?

any tricks or tips ?

zoebeaglezoe
09/19/2008, 10:14 PM
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k170/zoebeaglezoe/IMG_1817-1.jpg

heres the carpet and the female

stagefright13
09/20/2008, 01:54 AM
Well I put my quarantine tank butt up against my main and let them see each other for a month. And got a small one. My adult is female so I got a little juvenile. And I put it in the tank just after the lights went out so the female was asleep in the nem at the time. Gave him some time to explore and find hiding spots. Worked for me. They are a mated pair now.

Sorry you lost your other one. That's a shame... :(

Her first mate died also from a disease a few years ago. I am happy to see she is frisky again over this one. :p

clowns101
09/20/2008, 04:14 PM
i half to agree with stagefright13. i have never had this issue with my clowns. i wish you the best of luck.

Hodori
09/20/2008, 08:09 PM
Whether they pair up or not is basically blind luck, just give them a little time, i've found that most of the time they do pair up

zoebeaglezoe
09/21/2008, 10:12 AM
good news he is still alive !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he does have popeye but I have a feeling its an injury and not a water quality issue but I will be doing a nice size water change very soon just to be sure.....