PDA

View Full Version : Confused on Skimmer

bmilleraz
09/20/2008, 08:20 PM
Reading so many different Forums, Threads, etc... I'm really getting confused on which Skimmer to go with...

I'm setting up a 260g Reef Tank, I've heard of Bubble King, Deltec's, etc...

What does everyone recommend for this size of system?

schneijt
09/20/2008, 08:25 PM
This is a question that gets asked over and over, the and the answer remains the same in that there are a plethora of great skimmers out there, and just as many (well, probably more...) terrible skimmers. There are great skimmers for a good price, and there are mediocre or even terrible skimmers out there that cost a fortune. Bubble King and Deltec skimmers are excellent, but you will pay for the quality and excellent performance. If you're struggling to justify paying that much for a good skimmer, you may want to take a look at the MSX/Octopus Extreme skimmers, which are basically the same skimmer being sold by different companies.

There are a bunch of threads for owners of all the skimmers out there, so your best bet would be to look through those forums and investigate your options and choose what you think would work best for your particular tank and application.

Best of luck,
Joe

cabrego
09/20/2008, 10:24 PM
Also you need to figure out exactly how much money you want to spend. For me, I wanted less than 300. But I wanted a high quality brand name for my 90 g.

Solution, was a Euro reef cs135, used off craigslist. Only a couple of months old for 240.