PDA

View Full Version : SPS BB Tank and Wrasses

Gondore
09/21/2008, 10:33 AM
I have recently been considering purchasing an Ornate Wrasse for my BB sps tank. I have read several different places that most wrasses need sand to hide in. Have any of you had success keeping wrasses in a BB tank?

IFbettas
09/21/2008, 11:14 AM
I haven't personally done it, but you can just put a small tubberware of sand somewhere in the tank for the wrasse to sleep in.

unbreakable
09/21/2008, 11:23 AM
why not try fairy wrasses or flasher wrasses? they dont need a sandbed. if you do want a wrasse that needs sand, try what IFbettas suggested

Gondore
09/21/2008, 11:48 AM
If the wrasse isn't provide with any sand could they not just adapt to sleeping in the rockwork?

roshan
09/21/2008, 11:55 AM
I tried the same thing in my last tank - an ornate wrasse in a bb sps tank. Unfortunately, it did not work out - that particular wrasse definately needs sand to hide / sleep in. I found it just did not settle and unfortunately lost it.

Try the suggestion of a small container with sand in to provide the wrase(s0 with somewhere to hide/ sleep in. I may so this in my new bb sps tank as the wrasse's are beautiful and very benefincial in sps tanks.

Hope that provides some help...
Roshan

Gondore
09/21/2008, 11:57 AM
Is this wrasse known to jump?

I may try the container thing even though I think this would probably look tacky in the tank.

HumbleLobster
09/21/2008, 12:06 PM
I've always considered all wrasses to be jumpers.

If you place the sand container inside of some rockwork then you'd never really see it, and it would give the wrasse more safety when sleeping.