PDA

View Full Version : 108 gallon cube, Litermeter III or calcium reactor

kdblove_99
09/22/2008, 06:26 PM
What would you choose a Litermeter III with extra pump to dose alk and calc or should i get a Calcium reactor? Opinion, experiences needed

Fig
09/22/2008, 07:03 PM
I have a Litermeter III and love it but its only on a 30 cube not a 108. For the $ of it and a extra pump to dose 2-part I would buy a calcium reactor instead. Especially if I were going to have a sps dominant tank. Tim

kdblove_99
09/22/2008, 07:24 PM
Yep. SPS and clams

Bucket Boy
09/23/2008, 10:18 AM
I have a LiterMeter III to dose top off with two remote modules dosing Alk and CA. It is a top notch set and forget system. I had a problem with one of the modules not dosing properly. SpectraPure told me they increased the roller diameter since I purchased mine and sent me new rollers and tubing for all three of my units free of charge. Great customer service.

A sea K
09/23/2008, 11:33 AM
I'm currently dosing 2-part manually and am looking into the Litremeter. I have a calcium reactor (For sale BTW)but have reservations on using it as my system PH runs on the low side.

I've read other reefer reports on the consistancy and dosage accuracy so I feel the LiterMeter would be a good choice for me and I find the cost of the 2-part bulk material to be fairly cheap.
My tank is a 210 and I have quite a few LPS but my alk/cal demands are not that high.

bcolvin
09/23/2008, 09:38 PM
I can't stand my calcium reactor and its components. The regulators of the aquarium trade are such crap. I have personally tried jbj, milwaki, and a couple other brands, and I have yet to find one that works after a few months the regulator needs constant attention. Let it slip at all and the media gets messed up. My next tank will dose two part no matter how large the tank.

BC

kdblove_99
09/23/2008, 09:46 PM
You ever try the reef Fanatics regulator>? I have heard good things about them and is what i would get if i go this route, just not sure yet. pretty torn on which to do

BangkokMatt
09/23/2008, 10:13 PM
I use a Grotech tec III dosing system on my 180g sps. I chose this route because I simply couldn't be bothered messing around with a reactor. It keeps all of my levels spot on. I make my own A, B and C and have to change my 1 1/2 gallon jugs about every 3 - 4 weeks. Works a dream!

kdblove_99
09/23/2008, 10:46 PM
I think when its all said and done i will end up with the litermeter III with extra pump. Thanks for sharing all you experiences!

ReefRockerLive
09/23/2008, 11:13 PM
The 3 pump GHL Profilux Standalone dosing systems can be another option. I swapped out my LM3 for the GHL dosing pump and it's easier to setup than the LM3. JMO

kdblove_99
09/23/2008, 11:30 PM
That Profilux loosk pretty slick and sleek. so you like it better than the litermeter? I saw you were selling your litermeter a week or so ago.

Where did you get your profilux from? Cherry corals is the only vendor coming up and they are out of stcok

ReefRockerLive
09/24/2008, 04:08 AM
kdblove_99, I purchased the Profilux from Todd at Cherry corals. If your interested in buying one, I would contact AQD-Ottawa for a list of dealers.