PDA

View Full Version : moonligth for Aquacontroler Jr.

FelipeRB
09/22/2008, 11:32 PM
I have a AquaController Jr, it say have a moon cycle simulator, but it works whith any LED? or is necesary a special LEDS?, can i buy a serial LEDs and conect direct on the DC8?

Help please!

kenargo
09/23/2008, 09:16 AM
You cannot just plug a set of LEDs into a DC8 and have a lunar cycle. You need a device that can respond to the X10 signals and dim the light source. The LunarSim is one of these devices.

rbd0331
09/23/2008, 04:22 PM
I use one of the X10 Lamp Control Modules for mine. Seems to work pretty good.

Roy G. Biv
09/23/2008, 05:13 PM
Buy neptune's, its worth it.

FelipeRB
09/24/2008, 02:39 PM
Hi! thanks

Could somevary give a example of the X10 lamp, i dont´n know exactly wath is it.

maybe a link of marinedepoto or any place.

kenargo
09/24/2008, 03:16 PM
X10 Lamp module plugs into the AC and reads X10 signals from the home wiring. You would need an X10 AC Line Interface + X10 Lamp Module + some lamp. You will be MUCH happier if you get the LunarSim; X10 is good but it can be problemmatic in some homes.

rbd0331
09/24/2008, 05:09 PM
Oh yeah....I absolutely agree. From what I hear, Lunarsim is much better. The only reason I use the X10 is because I had a couple lamp modules laying around from my old ACII. When I get the extra cash, I'll get one. But it's just lower on my list of reef tank purchases at the moment.:rolleyes:

FelipeRB, yes you can get them at Marine Depot. They are the X10 Lamp Control Module part #XT1135 and are about $15. But as Ken said, you'll need the other hardware also to control it. I have heard many people having interference problems with x10s. I'm just happy I don't........at least for now. Hmmmm, at least that would give me a good excuse to justify the cost of a Lunarsim.:D

FelipeRB
09/26/2008, 11:29 AM
Ok! Ok! well i hope to buy it the next month, because now i drain my budget, i´ll go to change my ciruclation and some days before i order a couple of new pumps.

I´ll buy the lunarsim to not have anyproblems, i live at México and if something is bad, it have really high cost because of the shipping, the taxes and the time to wait are amazing.

Thanks for your attentions!!!!