PDA

View Full Version : Little white dots on a yellow tang????

andrew jacoby
09/24/2008, 07:58 PM
I have a yellow tang that now has little white dots on the side of him. Any thoughts.

Thanks

spw4949
09/24/2008, 07:58 PM
Ich?

andrew jacoby
09/24/2008, 08:03 PM
I will to see if there are any pictures posted for ich to compare. None of my other fish have anything yet.

andrew jacoby
09/24/2008, 08:08 PM
Yes it looks like ich. I have a 90 gallon reef tank. What is the best treatment option for my situation?

pitbullguy
09/24/2008, 08:09 PM
Deffinately ich, it looks like salt alot of the time. Less stress on the fish right now the better. Less photoperiod.

patsfan1130
09/24/2008, 08:15 PM
If it is ib fact Ich, remove the fish and place in QT. treat with copper or hyposalinity (I prefer copper much more). Leave display fishless for 6 weeks. Place fish back into DT providing they are no longer displaying signs of the parasite. Again..6 weeks

andrew jacoby
09/24/2008, 08:52 PM
I just caught a yellow tang in a 90 gallon reef tank without disrupting any rocks or corals. Boom! To my knowledge this is the first sign of any ich ever. I look at my tank, fish, corals, crabs etc....on a daily basis. No other inhabitants show any signs of ich. From what I read it takes several days for the hatchlings to fall off of the fish into the substrate and then hatch. If my other fish show no signs over the next few days should I even bother removing them?

Thanks

tangtang clown
09/29/2008, 12:34 PM
Sunday I added a lemonpeel angel, coral beauty, mandarin, some type of blenny/goby, and a pajama cardinal to my 75.

I got these, a clown, a yellow tang, and a blue tang from a guy for $30.
I gave my friend the blue tang, the yellow, and the clown.

I have had a yellow tang for over a year now and after I added the new fish to the tank, it looks like the yellow tang has some sort of ich.

His tail and side fins mostly. Not much on his body. It also looks like something tried to grab him by the tail.

What is the best reef safe treatment?
Or should I just feed and hope for the best?

I just took out my UV 3 days ago to change the bulb. Could this be a problem, or should I hook it back up?

Thanks

Boostin S14
09/29/2008, 01:14 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13448777#post13448777 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tangtang clown
Sunday I added a lemonpeel angel, coral beauty, mandarin, some type of blenny/goby, and a pajama cardinal to my 75.

Not that this has anything to do with the ich situation at hand, but isnt that a little much to add in one day? you should really only be adding 1 maybe 2 fish a week at most, that would give your system a little bit of time to adapt to the extra bio-load of each fish.

andrew jacoby: As far as the ich, to be on the safe side, I would QT each fish personally.

tangtang clown
09/29/2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah. I knew it was a lot to add, but I took a chance on a great deal. I have been wanting to up my bio load for some time now becuase I have a huge skimmer. Idealy it would have been better to add one and wait, but I will have to see how this turns out.