PDA

View Full Version : Clark's clown

reggiepe
09/25/2008, 10:51 AM
Hi all, I finally have a breeding pair of false percs...woooo hoooo. That was a long 19 month wait. She has laid eggs for the third time now. I am currently allowing the hatches to go out as food for anything that will eat the larvae. But will eventually make an attempt at trying to raise the fry. However this isn't why I am writing. In my main display I have a Clark's Clown that is, give or take, approximately 17 years old. She is as mean as a snake when it comes to new inhabitants. I would love to see her have a mate for her final years and then I would have an established Clark after her passing. Two things...at her age, is it unwise to even think that it will pair up with a mate? and, with her agression would it just be a fruitless attempt as she may just kill anything that is introduced of her own kind. I currently have a pair of green chromis' in there that was introduced about a year and a half ago, she wasn't too bad with them, but I believe that they have never challenged her territory. There is also a mated pair of 3 striped damsels with her that the male is just as mean as she is. They have been in there for 10 years or more. The male damsel really puts the clown in her place when he is protecting the eggs. I'd love to hear some feedback. Thanks for reading.