PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with service

Logzor
09/25/2008, 09:34 PM
My order from our clubs latest powerbuy with premiumaquatics has items on back order. I even checked ahead of time if everything I ordered was in stock. I also called two weeks before I ordered to make sure the items I wanted would ship immediately.

In addition to this some of my bulbs were broken on arrival. There are ways to ship where there is almost zero chance of bulbs getting broken...

I am excited to get my equipment and am thankful for the discount but seriously, it may have been worth it to safe myself the time and stress to just order from other vendors and get my order complete and not broken.

This is my first time ordering from Premium Aquatics, so this may have been a fluke or spurt in demand that have caused this problems. I like to support club sponsors but I need good reason to.

jasonfrey
09/26/2008, 05:28 AM
Hi,

Please drop me an email with your group order number so I can check on your order and backorders. I don't remember doing a group buy with a club lately, so want to review and see what happened.

We have a 10 thousand square foot warehouse that is litterally stacked to the ceiling with inventory, you can barely walk through the place. It's still very easy to run out of certain items though, even in a few hours. Hobbyist tend to chat on message boards about a certain product and then one particular product gets sold out just like that. I believe we carry more inventory then 99% of all our compeitiors to and even we run out. It's just nature of mail order business. We do understand how frustrating backorders can be and we strive to prevent them. If you look at our side on backorders, they cost us more money becaues we ship them without a shipping charge and it creates unhappy customers, so it's 2 negatives on the business side for us.

As to shipping the bulbs, i would have to check your order to see which ones, but if it's VHO or T5s, they should of been shipped in our bulb boxes. These are custom die cut double corrogated boxs that wrap into a triangle, then we have custom die cut foam trianagle inserts that go inside this box and each bulb slips through the die cut holes. This box we pay a lot of money for, takes a lot of time to assembly and we have had it UPS approved, one of the few places in the country that have a UPS approved box to ship lamps, but unfortunately even with all this protection it still can suffer damage.

Our shipping guys on T5's, if you order more then 6 sometimes put them in a tube, then the tube is put into the Triangle box, but other then that, they should always be using the triangle box and the foam inserts.

Logzor
09/26/2008, 03:13 PM
Jason,

Thanks for the quick response. I just sent you an email.

Logzor
09/26/2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the quick response and solving the problem!

Please delete thread as the issue was taken care of.