PDA

View Full Version : Crosshatch Trigger Need Help

reeflover2
09/29/2008, 07:07 PM
I posted in the reef fishies forum a few days ago to get an id. I have no uploaded a picture of one eye that has the white sposts on it. Both eyes have this.

I performed a fresh water dip yesterday for 4 minutes and left him for a couple of hours and then he ate well. I then proceeded to add a half dose of prazipro to hopefully get rid of this.

I returned home 4 hours later and he didn;t look well sitting on the bottom of the QT. I did a 50% water change, added carbon and skimmer. I am concerned about dosing the prazipro again. Is it possible it could be a bad a bottle? Does anybody else with a bottle of prazipro have a batch number from the bottle?
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/62738DSC00025.JPG[/IMG][/IMG]

reeflover2
09/29/2008, 07:08 PM
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/62738DSC00025.JPG

Amazon4
09/30/2008, 11:22 AM
Regarding the prazipro, make sure you shake the bottle very very well before administering the dose. This will effect the concentration/dose.

Many recommend a half dose the first day. Then if tolerated, the balance the on the second day.

When you did the FWD, did anything fall off? I presume you suspect flukes, but they really are hard to see. Can you tell that's what's on the eyes?

reeflover2
09/30/2008, 08:47 PM
I thought it must have been flukes on the eyes.
I read another post from a fellow reefer that suggested a FW dip rid the flukes from his fishes eyes. It took to the 10th minute for them to peel off. Tonight I decided I needed to know whether I was dealing with flukes or not. I FW dipped him for 11 minutes and and the spots on his eyes didn't come off or even get a little better. I am starting to think flukes is not the case.

During shipping to me the LFS placed the fish inside two plastic cups wire tied together to keep him from ripping the bag. They drilled holes in the plastic cups for water movement. He was shipped over the course of about 20 hours in this. We all know that when drilling plastic it leaves sharp edges on the when coming out the other side, Is it possible he just has some scrapes on his eyes from hitting the cups? I don't even know if this is possible for fish to scratch there eyes and get marks on them.

Richieboy
10/01/2008, 02:21 AM
Is your crosshatch still eating?

reeflover2
10/01/2008, 03:14 PM
Very well!