PDA

View Full Version : reefkeeper elite the worst controller ever

badhand2222
09/30/2008, 08:27 AM
Never have i been more upset and confused with any technology based piece of equiptment in my life. this controller has the worst directions on the planet, it comes with a cd that doesn not even show you how to hook up the unit. i spent countless hours trying to figure out this controller. I have had it, it's going back, and i urge everyone not to buy this big waste of money and time.

Time to fire up my reliable old aqua controller!

jtma508
09/30/2008, 10:32 AM
Really? I got mine months ago. Had it hooked-up and installed in no time. Just added another SL1 and PC4. There were some early FW issues (mostly around MH lighting) but mine has worked extremely well from the start. Don't be trashing a piece of equipment just because you lack the expertise to set it up (which, BTW, is insanely easy).

My RKE controls everything in my 90gal reef: lights, skimmer, CL, Ca Reactor (pH), ORP (ozone); heater, canopy fans, ATO and monitors temp, ORP and pH on the DT.

Don't be dissing a piece of equipment just becasue it's over your head. As far as how to wire it: you daisy-chain each module with the 'telephone' cables and plug the PC4's into the wall. Real complicated. Do you work for Neptune or something?

jobes
09/30/2008, 10:45 AM
I've had mine running for sometime now. Mainly just pumps, waves and MH lights. Not many issues but yes the documentation can be improved greatly for the money spent. I'm really liking mine and looking forward to the additional features (NET) around the corner.

FYI.. the support is normally outstanding when issues do arise.