PDA

View Full Version : arrow crab

Mappelbaum37
09/30/2008, 02:53 PM
Anyone have an arrow crab? I just ordered one from saltwaterfish.com

Does it bother your corals?
Has it ever attempted to kill a small fish?

Are they aggressive to other inverts?

Thanks

plateboy3293
09/30/2008, 05:19 PM
I have an arrow crab he lives with a clownfish and feather dusters. He killed my coco worm because it jumped out of its tube put I don't blame it. It looks just like a bristle worms when out of its tube. I also hear that when they get bigger they get more agressive. Try this site for more info.
http://liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+501+616&pcatid=616

Mappelbaum37
09/30/2008, 05:39 PM
yeah, I've found it on many sites, but I was just looking for some hands on experience like yours. Thanks for the info..

p.s.- its funny that you said your featherduster went out of its tube, because mine did the same thing just a few days ago. I cant tell if its alive or not, and I cant take it out because its wedged between 2 rocks that I cant fit my hand in.

Any more comments are welcome

slumpysix
09/30/2008, 06:23 PM
I had one once. It seemed happy for a few days and then something busted him up all over the tank. I had a yellow tang, clownfish and a coral beauty in the tank. I mean totally dismanteled, legs everywhere.

Mappelbaum37
09/30/2008, 06:33 PM
Thats kinda disgusting. Hopefully my fish dont do that.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

slumpysix
09/30/2008, 07:08 PM
I had it in my old 150 reef tank with LR out the waazoo so it had hiding places. Just was in the wrong place at the wrong time.. :)

cbusreefer
10/01/2008, 08:44 AM
not reef safe... I bought a big one from LFS some time ago. Came home one day to see it holding my Bangaii Cardinal by it's tail. Also heard that they can mess with coral too