PDA

View Full Version : Aquactinics 48" Constellation Series 7 lamp T5 fixture

allen64086
10/01/2008, 07:16 AM
I have a 95 Gal Wave tank 48"x24"x25". I'm thinking about getting a Aquactinics Constellation Series. Is this too much light? I mainly keep LPS, but thinking about getting some SPS and maybe a clam or two.

Can I set this right on my tank (without legs) without the glass top that I currently have? It looks like this would be the perfect fit for my tank, but I have to worry about fish jumping out and the eggcrate doesn't look that great.

photobret
10/01/2008, 08:55 AM
Fitting will be awesome, one of the best in my opinion. You'll be bitten by the SPS bug in no time and will soon have a full blown SPS tank :)

Keep all your LPS low down in the tank and adjust your lighting time accordingly start with 3-4 hours...increasing the time every week till you get a full cycle of 7 - 9 (or whatever you want) hours of light.

I would use the support legs myself and get a screen made with a fine mesh to cover your tank. I am currently looking into doing my tank and will be using a window screen frame and a clear mesh from Home Depot.

cleanup.man
10/02/2008, 12:27 AM
I have the 95g AGA Wave with the 48"x14" (LxW) constellation.

The constellation is on a hanging kit ... personally, I'd be a little bit nervous about putting/resting it directly on the tank without the mounting feet-kit (one little bump and it could be lights out).

Also, on my tank, the wide end would have up to 6"-7" of uncovered space if the fixture was placed directly on the tank (it does have a splash shield though).

The tank may be a little to high for clams on the bottom ... I guess it depends on the depth of the sandbed (if you have one).

Check/ Post in the Aquactinics forum ... I'm sure Tom canl help you out.